• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STASIS NVX.1 Geforce 6800/7800 Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder how well this setup would perform against similar MEM/GPU blocks. Will this cooler be sent out to review sites?

Looks very promising.

There are plans for review units to be sent out for comparisons sake. Current internal testing shows performance to be superior to the DD NV68/78 by about 15-20% and comparable Koolance setups by over 25%, all while sustaining substantially less pressure drop.

I'm not sure why people are getting so concerned about the elbow I used for my test setup - you are free to put whatever 1/4" NPT barb you'd like on the unit... :rolleyes:

consumer9000 said:
I'm not sure why people are getting so concerned about the elbow I used for my test setup - you are free to put whatever 1/4" NPT barb you'd like on the unit... :rolleyes:

I wonder about things like this as well.

Anywho, I look forward to trying to justify needing new water-blocks for my cards to the wife. :p

How much extra would it cost to have one (well 2) of those blocks made with 1/4" barbs and sit no higher then .5 inches? I would think with a thinner copper base and a shorter top it should be possible. I am asking because I know some people who are looking for a low profile block for 7800 cards in sli inside a shuttle sn26p.

These blocks are pretty much as low profile as I can make them...consider that a 1/4" NPT barb has a 7/16" Drill Diameter and you should get the picture. :p
If I were to use 3/16" or smaller NPT thread barbs then I could probably create a low profile version that would fit within ONE slot. :cool:
The total profile would not exceed 3/4".

Here is a look at the uniformity of the contact patches. Without precise dimensions and tolerances a unified design ends up being counter productive...

Starting with the venerable 6800GT:

Attachments

• NVx1_6800GT_Contact 01.jpg
    NVx1_6800GT_Contact 01.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,858
That is one exotic and robust gpu water block! Ill be ordering one when i can get my hands on a 7800GTX 512 (when the price goes down <_<)

Truely amazing, just like everything else you make. Curious, do you have plans for other heatsinks in the future? Such as motherboard chipset heatsinks?

I am interested in this as well, only if its not hideously priced like the other cooling solutions ive seen you come up with. What are the performance differences between this and the other top gpu cooler on the market? Isnt is the maze?

Back