• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam holiday sale 2010 - starting 12-20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Boy, nothing great today. I guess if you don't have those STALKER games, that's a good one. Too bad I got Call of Pripyat earlier in the deal for $9.99 by itself :( Now it's $4.99 WITH Shadow. boo.

I saw a lot of games on my wish lists of old I never bought at their original full price. I really should make sure to set aside up to $100 a christmas on steam games. ;)

Hrmm...Mafia 2 for $12.50. Downloading the demo, but any comments?

It was a good play just too linear and short. I snagged it for 30$ retail awhile back and don't regret it. 50$ I would have been a bit unhappy but 12.50 for it I would definitely suggest a play through if you like the genre. I just got all of the DLC for myself.

It was a good play just too linear and short. I snagged it for 30$ retail awhile back and don't regret it. 50$ I would have been a bit unhappy but 12.50 for it I would definitely suggest a play through if you like the genre. I just got all of the DLC for myself.

Well, I liked the demo, so I might go ahead with he game. Thanks.

Picked up Combat Wing: Battle of Britain, both Theater of War 2 games, Knights of the Old Republic (nostalgia buy), Wing of Prey and Zeno Clash all under $6. The tank games are ok and WOP is great. All the others are what I expect from from sub $10 games. Most will be good for the nephew to play when he is over.

I also got medal of honor when it was half price at $29 and REALLY regret that buy. What an absolutely horrible game. The controls are for crap, the trigger point driven missions failures, having to play inside an invisible box boundary....I could go on for hours.

Wings of Prey was the only saving grace of all the buys after spending quite some time on multiple forums learning how to dual integrate a joystick into the game.

This is the 2nd year in a row were I was disappointed buy every purchase and do not see myself buying into these deals any more. Ea has a lot to do with this but the poor state of most pc games is the foundation for that decision. Especially the lack of ANY type of manual with any game you buy nowadays. Really sad that my holiday break that is usually spent gaming non stop was instead spent patching, looking for updates, fixes, workarounds, downloading...Gonna travel next year

Back