• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech block w/pelt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

Hey guys,

I was curious to see if anyone is using(or knows about) the MCW462-UT(it has a 226w pelt). I remember seeing a review about it on the main page a while ago but has anyone had experience with this block? How does it perform? Would it be worth it to get? BTW they have it on www.sidewindercomputers.com.

Hoot is suposed to come out with a review for it sometime.. a while ago, but havent heard anything

i see you got your 1600+ to 2ghz!! CONGRATS!!!!

Don't get the MCW462-UT instead get the MCW462-UHT.
The difference is, 462-U uses 3/8"OD JG quick connects (1/4" inside diameter) and the 462-UH has 1/2"NPT to 1/2"OD standard barbed fittings.
Now www.cooltechnica.com offers the UH version with polypro fittings, instead of stock nylon ones at no additional charge.
I think Swiftech should do the same. Their blocks are not cheap, and i don't know why the hell they are selling them with el cheapo, bad looking nylon fittings. Polypro fittings look neat.

maskedgeek said:
Hoot is suposed to come out with a review for it sometime.. a while ago, but havent heard anything

i see you got your 1600+ to 2ghz!! CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks maskedgeek. I remember hearing Hoot was supposed to review it also.

In that thread that Colin linked the guy it had his XP 2200+ at 5C when it was running at stock speed, once it was overclocked he got load temps around 20C.

Those temp are pretty good.
I have a 70watt pilt and I get 28c pretty much all the time, I am in the process of insulating it now.
I hope to keep it at that, it is all I will need for the duron.

Anyone know what happens when the pilt die's, will the water cooler still pull heat out or will it just die?

Back