• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp after stress test on CPU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

I just did a stress test on my CPU which put it at 100% and this was to monitor my temps to see how it worked under a lot of work. I used CPUburn4 to stress my CPU. My temp after 10 minutes was 41C. How is this? Is this too hot? Is this good/bad? Do I have to worry? Can I OC more? Thanks! :D

Garfield

I think that 10mins wont tell you anything, and need to run it for a minimum 30 mins...but those temps are pretty good

take a look at my sig...and shorten yours or the mods will get you!!!

Yea.. 10mins won't give it enough time to adjust all the diode. What program are you using to stress? I would recommend Prime95 Torture..

Torture it for 1hour, should give you a good reading.

Your temps aren't bad but they aren't offical for only 10mins.

Yodums said:
Yea.. 10mins won't give it enough time to adjust all the diode. What program are you using to stress? I would recommend Prime95 Torture..

Torture it for 1hour, should give you a good reading.

Your temps aren't bad but they aren't offical for only 10mins.

I used CPU burn 4. I also have Prime95, but I'm using CPUburn4. Okay, today after school I'll stress her for an hour and then I'll get back to you guys. Thanks...

10mins won't give an accurate temp reading.
I've been running Prime95 now for over 7hours and my
cpu temp is steady at 35c.

maxima88, what's going on in your sig? 34MB video card?

I reckon you need to do stress testing for a while to allow the case and whatnot to come up to temperature. Equilibration with the environment and similar science speak.

Just use Toast on high priority for 5 minutes, i bet your temperatures will go up higher than 41 Celcius.

But if it doesn't go higher than 41 then its pretty good

res0r9lm said:
Folding is a great way of heating up you cpu

The computer that I built and testing is not online. I don't know much about folding, but I assume you have to be online... :)

Garfield said:

The computer that I built and testing is not online. I don't know much about folding, but I assume you have to be online... :)
yea you have to be online to get the wu's. are you saying you can't get online or it isn't?

go for like 12 hours over night
if it don't crash you can overclock more :)
you don't have to worry about the temps there fine and wont raise much more over 12 hours

well folding still a good way to heat up your cpu plus it actually accomplishing something in the process. It can get addictive though next thing you know you have a room full of computers.

res0r9lm said:

yea you have to be online to get the wu's. are you saying you can't get online or it isn't?

It isn't online. I could get online, but then I would have to network my house (which I'm going to do with some time to get more $$$) because I don't have a phone jack in my room where my computer is.

ThePunkGeek said:
go for like 12 hours over night
if it don't crash you can overclock more :)
you don't have to worry about the temps there fine and wont raise much more over 12 hours

Wouldn't 12 hours be a little overkill (no pun intended)?

I'm using CPU burn which doesn't have settings, not prime95. I'll stress her for an hour or two.

Temp sounds okay for normal operation.

Personally I use Prime95 torture. I've often had it fail in the first few seconds of testing but seldom after that.

If your temperature has reached equilibrium and it's still working, it's very unlikely to fail.

rossd.

>> I've often had it fail in the first few seconds of testing but seldom after that. <<

How fail? The program or the CPU?

Back