• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp after stress test on CPU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Math errors - usually something about a value not being rounded properly or something like that.

I take that to mean that something is not working in the CPU because I'm overclocking it too much at too high a temperature. So I turn down the speed.

rossd.

rossd said:
Math errors - usually something about a value not being rounded properly or something like that.

I take that to mean that something is not working in the CPU because I'm overclocking it too much at too high a temperature. So I turn down the speed.

rossd.

What are your OCing specs?

Good. You have your FSB's pretty low, but you can do that because you have your processor's unlocked and you can just raise that. I should unlock mine. I'm a little worried about doing something like that, though. :rolleyes:

It requires some fine work, so you'll need a steady hand. I eventually decided to apply the defogger paint with a (very fine) paint brush rather than tape. I kept getting paint under the tape.

If you do something wrong, you can always clean it off with acetone and start again.

rossd.

BTW how do you know when to raise the vCore and the voltage to the dimm? I should raise my vCore tonight maybe by +0.10, don't you think?

I wouldn't expect too much from an XP. I didn't get much on mine. Perhaps they're not that overclockable.

overclockers.com has a database of CPUs that can probably answer this question.

rossd.

1 Hour stress test:

I just finished with a one hour stress test on my processor with CPU burn 4. The temp when I was done (which was there for a while) was 39 C. That's pretty good, right? I'm satisfied. I'm going to keep OCing. Like I previously said, the only thing I'm worrying about is my WD HDD :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's a pretty good temp. Anything 45ish or below is what you want to shoot for.

Now... To OC that thing even higher!! :cool:
JigPu

Garfield said:

So what do you suggest I do?
Your temps are good right now but if you get over 45c you might consider using a duct. I made mine out of a stuff just laying around the house 1) fedex box 2) duct tape 3) 120 mm fan

res0r9lm said:

Your temps are good right now but if you get over 45c you might consider using a duct. I made mine out of a stuff just laying around the house 1) fedex box 2) duct tape 3) 120 mm fan

As in something that routes the airflow directly to the CPU? Yes, I've read articles on this and I would like to attempt this...with time...

Back