• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7II Settings Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, the center pin on the pot is ground. A thing to note is the other two positive pins on the pot. You only use one of them but depending on which one you use the rotation of the pot to gain resistance will be set. I use a radioshack IC grabber clip for the ground attached to an empty hole on the mobo mount tray. Any grounded metal in the case will do.

Pin 10 is to be pot modded seperately only if you want to disable overvoltage protection.

Last edited:
Mr Natural, on the mod pic you posted you show a pot on pin 17. What does that do? I have learned the pin 7 pot mod is for increasing vcore and pin 10 for overvoltage protection but never heard what pin 17 does.

gone_fishin said:
Mr Natural, on the mod pic you posted you show a pot on pin 17. What does that do? I have learned the pin 7 pot mod is for increasing vcore and pin 10 for overvoltage protection but never heard what pin 17 does.

Hmmm. DAMN. I just noticed that. Geez. Have to fix that. Pin 17 won't do anything realy. It's a sensor pin out. Won't hurt wnythign. Somehow tho I got my pic inverted and didn'[t even notice. I'll fix that asap.

OK. All Fixed now. Guess I shouldn't work on stuff like that real late at night when I'm cross eyed from being tired :eek: and after to many :beer: :D :eek:

Last edited:
MrNatural said:

Hmmm. DAMN. I just noticed that. Geez. Have to fix that. Pin 17 won't do anything realy. It's a sensor pin out. Won't hurt wnythign. Somehow tho I got my pic inverted and didn'[t even notice. I'll fix that asap.

Damn is right. I thought you had another good trick up your sleave:) Oh well.

actually your pic is still not right you have pin 7 going to the ground on the pot.
MrNatural said:

OK. All Fixed now. Guess I shouldn't work on stuff like that real late at night when I'm cross eyed from being tired :eek: and after to many :beer: :D :eek:

ColdDisposition said:
actually your pic is still not right you have pin 7 going to the ground on the pot.

Now it's right. I have to stop working on things late at night. Not good. Getting to old. :D

old-shmold....
Its all good!
just didnt want anyone to fubar anything trying to do this.
MrNatural said:

Now it's right. I have to stop working on things late at night. Not good. Getting to old. :D

Everything you need to know is on this page.
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe your not ready to take on this project ;)
jdmcnudgent said:
and i only need 1 that gets connected to pin 7?

Looks correct. Get somebody else to double check first. Remember to check the ohms before booting with it.

jdmcnudgent said:
so is this right?

Yep. Looks almost like this one. :D

ic21.jpg

Back