• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW Fixed it right up must be the OSD of Precision, AB, and possibly Fraps that cause the issue.

Closing them fixes it right up lol :facepalm:
It says in the readme file for all of the ENB mods not to run any RivaTuner because it causes BSODs

EDIT: Whoops responded to what I thought was last post, but wasn't on the last page haha.

Great game so far. I'm looking for texture mods right now.

Been playing it on the PS3, just got my PC built and started playing it on there. I downloaded the official high-res texture pack and the graphics are much nicer for the scenery but not so much for the characters, they're about the same.

The big difference is in framerate and animation. Huge deal there. I can't wait to download even more mods to make the experience better and to get to play around in the console.

It plays remarkably well with my GTX5600TI.

I have a question:

How much magicka do enemies have?

It seems like mages blast me non-stop with spells that I can one cast once before running out of magicka. I have also used shock spells to try draining their magicka and they also end up dying before running out of magicka.

What is the point of all the damage magicka effects if enemies have infinite magicka? It seems like killing them is easier than trying to drain their magicka.

I have a question:

It seems like mages blast me non-stop with spells that I can one cast once before running out of magicka. I have also used shock spells to try draining their magicka and they also end up dying before running out of magicka.

What is the point of all the damage magicka effects if enemies have infinite magicka? It seems like killing them is easier than trying to drain their magicka.

I don't know exactly how much, but shooting them with arrows with damage magika regen and magika damage poisons seemed to work for me. Of course it takes a few hits and not all enemies can have their magika drained by poisons, don't know if it's similar for shock spells.

I have a question:

Try using the staff of Magnus, that really kicks butt with magic users. Once all magic is drained, it starts draining health.

It plays remarkably well with my GTX5600TI.

Indeed, I can run vanilla + official highres just about locked at 60FPS max settings on a GTX 460. With SLI setup I have noticed that once you start adding texture mods you run out of vRam well before you run out of GPU power.

Last edited:
Indeed, I can run vanilla + official highres just about locked at 60FPS max settings on a GTX 460. With SLI setup I have noticed that once you start adding texture mods you run out of vRam well before you run out of GPU power.

Probably the case with me, my FPS is around 40 with two GTX 570s, I have texture mods up the wazoo so I think my Vram is getting low, hence my FPS drain.

Sounds like, you can use afterburner OSD to display the vRam used(provided your not using an ENB mod). I know that when my FPS starts dropping to ~50 I can look up and see 70-80% GPU usage but vRam maxed out.

I loaded mine down with TONS of mods last night, super high-res textures for scenery, sky, armor, weapons and characters, sound enhancements.... you name it, I downloaded it and it still ran silky smooth except for the crash to desktop in WhiteRun. I haven't patched it up to 1.4 yet so that should take care of the crashes I think.

BTW, I know I speak blasphemous things here but I've got the 360 wireless controller adapter and I love it in this game and Arkham City as well.

^That seems so pointless to me.. Buying it on PC then using an xbox controller.. If you didn't like the UI; SkyUI fixes the PC interface for your inventory and such to make it more PC friendly.. ><. Use a mouse man! For real! Lol

^That seems so pointless to me.. Buying it on PC then using an xbox controller.. If you didn't like the UI; SkyUI fixes the PC interface for your inventory and such to make it more PC friendly.. ><. Use a mouse man! For real! Lol

Why? The PC versions of games are easier to mod and tend to have better graphics. Some people prefer controllers over mice and keyboards. What's hard to understand about wanting both?

Why? The PC versions of games are easier to mod and tend to have better graphics. Some people prefer controllers over mice and keyboards. What's hard to understand about wanting both?

Yeah, I hate keyboard and mouse control. My consoles and computer are hooked up to a 50" plasma TV in my den and the keyboard and mouse doesn't have enough range from my couch to work. I imagine that if I get a game that requires it then I'll have to upgrade from my current Logitech 210 to something better or perhaps even bluetooth.

I'll be taking my PS3 copy of SkyRim to the game store next week and trading it on a copy of MLB the Show 2012.

Last edited:
I loaded mine down with TONS of mods last night, super high-res textures for scenery, sky, armor, weapons and characters, sound enhancements.... you name it, I downloaded it and it still ran silky smooth except for the crash to desktop in WhiteRun. I haven't patched it up to 1.4 yet so that should take care of the crashes I think.

BTW, I know I speak blasphemous things here but I've got the 360 wireless controller adapter and I love it in this game and Arkham City as well.

Does anyone know when Patch 1.4 is going to be released on Steam for PC?

I play on my xbox 360 or ps3 controllers from my PC all the time. It just depends on the game. I for one am not going to play a racing game from KBD/Mouse controls and I dont like wheels. Skyrim is pretty nice on gamepad and you can still use SkyUI to make the menus better. Now you want to look at a super fast paced game like LoL, Quake(and other FPS), Starcraft, ect well now kbd mouse control is essential.

Yeah, 1.4 was released at the beginning of this month, I think it was actually on the first of the month.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but after a 10 or so mods, including the Nexus' HD mod (not Bethesda's), after playing a couple of hours, my fps drop from a solid 42 to 10 when out in the world. Enter a house or cave, and all is well again. I can exit the game and load it back up and all is normal again...for a couple of hours.

My video ram stays almost maxed at about 1.2GB. But like I said, it plays fine for a couple of hours. Could this be a lack of system RAM?

Back