• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The HD 3870/50 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got a couple 3850's coming my way, I'll report back with some crossfire action later.

**subscribed**

...and eagerly awaiting results. I love AMD's strategy here.

Im very curious to see how the 3870 performs in crossfire. I hope the prices dont get jacked up like the 8800gt's

Last edited:
Im very curious to see how the 3870 performs in crossfire. I hope the prices dont get jacked up like the 8800gt's
From what I've been reading today it's already started with some vendors. :(

i ordered the HIS $219 last night from newegg. was trying to get the sapphire but when i tried to proceed it said out of stock meh. but newegg hasnt shipped yet which is weird because usually they're really quick about getting it out the door....its just sitting at step 3 :( i hope theres no probs with availability vs amounts sold x.O

Hope to see some tastey info on temps/cooling/noise - interestingly enough, those will be the decieding factor for me between these and an 8800GT

I'll be grabbing the 3870 as soon as it comes back in stock!

Anywhere else selling it apart from newegg? I hate paying tax.

Hope to see some tastey info on temps/cooling/noise - interestingly enough, those will be the decieding factor for me between these and an 8800GT
You can see some good stuff in the link from Hardware Canucks.

I'll be doing some intense testing and benchmarking next week when my cards get here.

You can see some good stuff in the link from Hardware Canucks.

I'll be doing some intense testing and benchmarking next week when my cards get here.

same here :D Its 34 F outside, Ill be sticking the pc in the window and bench away :>

Got to wait for the quad to get here tho.

not too horrible for a weak cpu :D

[email protected]
crucial ballistix 4-4-4-12
abit ip35-e
ati 3870
corsair 550vx

3d06xn4.jpg

You got that delivery fast glockis. My setup with the card at stock benched 10800 with the card at stock, so given that your ram timings are better and my cpu has more cache and mhz, they both sound about right. I would try to push the card more but I am going to wait until I have some good air cooling.

yeah im interested to see what you can do. keep us up to date. i might just try for a mild OC with the stock cooling. the cooling setup doesnt look all too horrible. mine is a HIS btw.

Any retail crossfire results yet, one review showed 20k, I want to know how they overclock in crossfire and how they bench

Anyone have two 3870's? I was thinking of getting two 3870's and saving money instead of an 8800ultra or two 8800ultras.
I know two ultras would blow the crossfire out of the water but they sure are expensive.

Anywho yeah I'd like to see two 3870's benchmarked if possible.

EDIT: Hopefully a Crysis benchmark :)

Last edited:
Anyone have two 3870's? I was thinking of getting two 3870's and saving money instead of an 8800ultra or two 8800ultras.
I know two ultras would blow the crossfire out of the water but they sure are expensive.

Anywho yeah I'd like to see two 3870's benchmarked if possible.

EDIT: Hopefully a Crysis benchmark :)
I have two and did some benching. Haven't got Crysis yet but I'll soon post what I have.

Also, Catalyst 7.11 was just released........ ;)

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Back