• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The HD 3870/50 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cards are flashed with the bios fix. Everything you need is in post #1. Good luck and good hunting. :D

After a very quick test with the TT Duorb vs Stock Cooler my findings are that the Stock cooler is good enough.

E6850 @ 4Ghz, HD 3870 @ 860/1301 - Room temps at 18°C - setup is not in a case

Stock Cooling @ 60% highest load is 54°

TT DuOrb highest load is 53°

Both are pretty silent....... take that how you want to..... :D

wow thats nice 23k! congrats houserat!!!:beer:

23k in 05

---

06 score would be nice but it should equate to ~16k.

Last edited:
anyone putting up 20K in 06 is using crossfire and a well clocked Quad core CPU.

what sort of temps are you getting on the gpu?

edit: what are safe gpu temps??? i think i need better cooling x.O well just with Ati Overdrive it will allow me to hit 860 gpu clock before failing and the Memory clock wont go any higher but it does max out for me @1387

gpuup0.jpg

Last edited:
is that 81C just sitting there? That's hot I hope u were just gaming lol. As far as 860, incase you havn't read the card needs a bios flash to clock above 860. I don't think i'll touch my clocks until I get a cooler. The core and clock speeds on these cards are absolutely insane.

I know people bash ATI lately because they havn't beaten nvidia, but what in the world do they have to do in order to do it??

These cards have much higher theoretical bandwidth and FLOPS at stock speeds and even hit these insane clocks. It surprises me that they aren't performing much better.

Last edited:
I have two and did some benching. Haven't got Crysis yet but I'll soon post what I have.

Also, Catalyst 7.11 was just released........ ;)

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Alright, yeah I am more interested in game benchmarks because it seems crazy that two 3870's in crossfire are getting such high 3D Mark 06 scores.

I haven't used ATI since the 9700pro came out and I bought that immediately. If these two 3870's in crossfire do well at 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 resolutions (preferably with Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering set fairly high, if not maxed out) then I might be fallin back into ATI.

EDIT: Does anyone know of waterblocks made for the 3870's? When I get back to the states next month I will be building a new custom watercooled rig, thats why I ask.

is that 81C just sitting there? That's hot I hope u were just gaming lol. As far as 860, incase you havn't read the card needs a bios flash to clock above 860. I don't think i'll touch my clocks until I get a cooler. The core and clock speeds on these cards are absolutely insane.

I know people bash ATI lately because they havn't beaten nvidia, but what in the world do they have to do in order to do it??

These cards have much higher theoretical bandwidth and FLOPS at stock speeds and even hit these insane clocks. It surprises me that they aren't performing much better.

that temp was from continously testing the speeds. these things to run a bit hot just stock x.O

that temp was from continously testing the speeds. these things to run a bit hot just stock x.O
Did you adjust the fan speed at all? If not your fan is running at 29% which is not enough to keep these cards cool.

hey houserat could you please download the crysis demo and run the gpu benchmark at different settings to give us an idea of how these are gonna do in crysis in xfire. preferably play the demo too and let us know your best playable settings and post some screenies if you could:beer:

Back