• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The HD 3870/50 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have to share the good news. My first time over 10,000 3DMarks with Vista :)

benchmark1.jpg

what speed is your card? and what kind of temps do you get?

Its 775/1125 out of the box IIRC (Im at work). It appears to be choppy in games. But im wondering if theres some remnants from my 7950 kicking about.
May do a fresh install tonite.

Now it OC's not to bad, runs at about 76c in game with the fan at 60%. (waiting on some more pipe before I plumb my MCW60 back in). The problem is, I want to be sure I havent been sold some BETA card or some crap before I take the HSF off. Im thinking about sending it back and complaining, as Im sure its not right. Just wanted some confidence that this is dodgy before I phone them.

Anyways, heres a 3DMARK06 I did this weekend. I think it was maybe 850/1220 - BIOS still not flashed as per the issue of RMAing the card.

mark2-2.jpg

76c sounds hot to me. Mine stays around 63c during benchmarks and gaming with a similar OC as yours. Then again, I have my fan kick up to 75% at 60c.

76c sounds hot to me. Mine stays around 63c during benchmarks and gaming with a similar OC as yours. Then again, I have my fan kick up to 75% at 60c.

Is yours the red PCB with the full card HSF taking up 2 slots and exhausting out of the rear of the case?

Or like mine??

As for temps, Id agree it was hot. I wouldnt say dangerous hot for a GFX card. But nonetheless certainly up there.

My old 7950GT would run 107c!! before I stuck the MCW60r on it. Then it stayed below 40c.

But temperature is not my concern right now. I want to to confirm that my card is far from what I should have, in terms of stock HSF. Im wondering if the PCB is somewhat of an earlier model. I expected to receive the red PCB.

Oh well. Im going to phone scan tommorow and see if they will swap the card with an ASUS or HIS card. I only really went with Sapphire because of the x1950 pro they had.

Finally got my computer back together, here's the result with no volt-mod on the card. Card is a Sapphire with a full coverage wc block.

I have had mine for about a month now but just used it for the first time yesterday. I am currently waiting for a new cpu to get here so I am going to start pushing it hard then. Scanning for max overclock via ccc gave me 885/1387 but I set it at 850/1250 for now. As soon as I get that cpu though its game time.

Right now it idles at 24-26 depending on room temp and loads at 32-37 again depending on room temp. This is with a S1 + 2x low rpm 120mm fans zip tied to it using the stock ram and vreg sinks. BTW it was a visiontek from bestbuy.

Again just adding initial input when that darn cpu gets here Im going to push it as hard as it will go and will post back

I have had mine for about a month now but just used it for the first time yesterday. I am currently waiting for a new cpu to get here so I am going to start pushing it hard then. Scanning for max overclock via ccc gave me 885/1387 but I set it at 850/1250 for now. As soon as I get that cpu though its game time.

Right now it idles at 24-26 depending on room temp and loads at 32-37 again depending on room temp. This is with a S1 + 2x low rpm 120mm fans zip tied to it using the stock ram and vreg sinks. BTW it was a visiontek from bestbuy.

Again just adding initial input when that darn cpu gets here Im going to push it as hard as it will go and will post back

3870 right?

yes there is prob no way that the visiontek 3850 could hit 1387 on gddr3 without excessive vmods and loose timmings

Using the hardware below in my Sig, with the Q6600 clocked to 3.51Ghz (390X9) and each HD3870 card runing 835mhz core and 1211mhz memory in a PCIe 2.0 crossfire. My 3dmark06 score was 18K.

What did everyone use to flash the bios, tried ATIWinflash but it did not work. Any ideas?

Says SubsytemIDs mismatch

I got the same mismatch error and ended up using atiflash from a bootable disc. It was pretty easy. You need to find the command line though, I don't remember it.

Back