• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The official "Anti-Unethical Overclockers Army" thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i will create my own Unethical Overclockers Army, we will only RMA hardware destroyed by overclocking, since no one can ask why. :D
Then the name Anti-unethical Overclockers Army will make sence instead of having two negatives in it which can be simplified.

My Army will go against your army (in battlefield 1942 and unreal tournament)

Oh ya, i give a vote for OEM also, make that four james :beer:

and the ethical overclocking army avatar i have made is free to take, and has all bugs worked out

i've been a member of this notion ever since i saw someone trying to RMA something they broke shortly after joining this site.

might as well add my name to the list.

Why bother, and Why care?

Why bother... before we got this going there seemed to be a minority, increasing in boastfulness, that were making a practice of dishonest RMAs, now if that minority were not counterbalanced, then a thing called peer pressure would take over then we'd have everybody doing some lying and cheating they wouldn't of dreamed of a few months before, just because "Everyone else was getting away with it" as a result, prices would go up, harsh measures would be taken against overclockers, and we'd all suffer. By starting this movement we are hoping to protect our current rights and freedoms and nip anything in the bud that will spoil it for everyone.

Why care?

Similar reasons, if the bad practices continue, peer pressure will kick in and prices will rise. We don't expect to get price drops, I mean we've got $50 CPUs capable of 33%++ overclocks, if the dark side grows, we'll be paying $100 for entry level CPUs that say "WARRANTY VOID, CPU LOCKED RETURN WITH $50 PAYMENT TO AMD FOR RECERTIFICATION" on the bootscreen when you try and overclock them.

"If it was bad I wouldn't be able to do it".... That's the point, WHEN measures are taken to stop you, it will be something that is bad for ALL of us. If manufacturers get a "weasel clause" legally introduced to protect them from excessive returns, sooner or later they'll use it against the honest ones, then their quality standards will drop and we'll just have to swallow it. All kinds of bad things for our hobby could happen....

...And maybe it already has, many hdd warranties came down to 1 year from 3, due to high number of returns. Were ALL those returns running in spec?

Road Warrior

Quoted from T.Troy

quote:
"We are forming an alliance to promote the "legitimate" (sp?) RMA'ing of components- if a product is faulty or not to the specification that the makers claim- then its fair enough, and it is within our legal and ethical rights to ask for a product that
A) Works, and
B) Works like it is supposed to.

HOWEVER the RMA'ing of products because "it didn't overclock as much as my friend's did, but it works like the box says it should" is wrong and should be admonished where appropriate.

O/C'ng is a cr*p shoot, test your luck, apply your skills.

So far the only thing I have been able to O/C
decently is a Spitfire 600. (978Mhz)

Mobo's/Memory whatever else hardware you can think of,
If it doesn't O/C to "your" likings, tuff. It's a cr*p shoot.

If you return it for another, you're only making the $ go up
later for the rest of us.

Do the best that YOU can, with what you have.

Make your choice's wisely. (BIG ONE HERE)

Research, reaserch, research.

Some people learn from making mistakes,
the key is to learn from other peoples mistakes.

Think about it.

and add my name to the list Plz.

:cool:

In a perfect world... this whole shibang would be considered common sense... I myself am fighting desperatly to not leave that world...as lonely as that world may be... So please know that although I'm not on that list... I do support the theory ;)

Quote By Johnny..
Why do you care about people RMAing overclocked products, its not like if people stop doing it Intel or AMD will reduce their prices.

They might not drop their prices, in fact I know they will NEVER drop prices (unless they get old and put out to pasture)- but at least we can slow down the price increases- because if everyone stupidly RMA's stuff, prices will go very high VERY quickly, but if more people are honest about it, then the rise in price will be slowed down to a more tolarable(sp?) level.

How Does THIS look? An alternative avatar (not wanting to get up anyones nose) but I wanted to practice making one and "the"cause seems as good as any.

If you want- feel free to D'load, any comments/suggestion- PM me

i want one using my current pic, but with "dont rma, unless its doa" flashing ever couple of seconds.

thats good btw, T.Toy, its just that if we all use the same avater it will be, well, a little boring.

thats why i want my current pic includes in it somehow.

edit: oh yeah i see your point, jonny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back