• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to Put Together a New Machine, Recommendations Please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok well I finally bought most of what I wanted. I gave up on buying a new processor for now. But I still would like some feedback from my above post on which process to look at.

But ok I bought an Intel 80Gb Intel X-25-M SSD for $240, a 2TB green WD drive for $172, and four sticks of 2xgb Kingston Ram for $174. Gskill was over $60 more. I did a memtest on them everything passes. But I am disappointed to see in Win 7 that only 6.5 are actually being used... What happend to the other 1.5? The more memory you get the more windows hides from you or what? Very disappointing.

Ok well I finally bought most of what I wanted. I gave up on buying a new processor for now. But I still would like some feedback from my above post on which process to look at.

But ok I bought an Intel 80Gb Intel X-25-M SSD for $240, a 2TB green WD drive for $172, and four sticks of 2xgb Kingston Ram for $174. Gskill was over $60 more. I did a memtest on them everything passes. But I am disappointed to see in Win 7 that only 6.5 are actually being used... What happend to the other 1.5? The more memory you get the more windows hides from you or what? Very disappointing.

Hrm... thats strange, Windows 7 shows a full 8GB for me. Maybe one of your sticks isn't seated correctly.

Memtest shows the following:

DDR2-400 Also odd, or is that because it is 400mhz?
FSB 266Mhz, which also bothers me, but maybe this is normal also.
And it shows usable memory at 7102Mb. Though in Win 7 it shows something, but sorry, I am locked out of Win 7 at the moment.. Trying to resolve this. Need help, see, http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637970

Memtest shows the following:

DDR2-400 Also odd, or is that because it is 400mhz?
FSB 266Mhz, which also bothers me, but maybe this is normal also.
And it shows usable memory at 7102Mb. Though in Win 7 it shows something, but sorry, I am locked out of Win 7 at the moment.. Trying to resolve this. Need help, see, http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637970
DDR2 400 is DDR 400mhz that board take DDR2800MHz

screen shot

what process are you looking at.

Last edited:
This was in memtest 86+ It showed DDR-400 at 400mhz. But the packaging says DDR2-800.. So yeah I am confused... So how can I check this outside of memtest 86+ cannot take a screen shot of that as there is no where to save it.

Ok you know, I posted a screen shot and just deleted it because I realized that a task manager screen shot is useless, and I am not using 64 bit XP so it would be useless to give you a screen shot until I got Win 7 back up and running correctly.

Back