• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updated Abit BD7-Raid and TH7II-Raid Bios. Get them here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heres a little more feedback Mr. N. I tried your 39c bios, and I had far worse cold boot problems than the 43a. I run my mobo 150-155fsb 3x, and it is a non raid board. I'm not so sure the alarm is voltage related, but is mem related. If I use the "fix" option, code 26 is far more likely. If I set the mem to 100, and use the mem slots furthest from the cpu, I cannot even boot, a constant code 26, warm or cold. Could this be signal strength to ram slots, of various boards?

Hi,

I'm running your 39C for a week now and it rocks :) but unfortunately I'm still getting the cold boot. It hangs at "26" at the display. Then I get an annoying alarm tah-too-tah-too etc...and have to reset after which my machine runs fine. how the heck can I turn off that alarm??

I'm running 140 FSB now, but when I get any higher it won't recognize my IDE DVD and IDE CDRW.
145 : POST, Windows XP sometimes no DVD + CDRW
150 POST Windows, XP, No DVD + CDRW

any higher won't post.

any idea's how I can run at 150FSB? active cooling on the chipset?

I always had a AMD CPU before, so I'm kinda new to FSB overclocking :)

bd7r bios

As said earlier your bios is great. It gives a small issue though.
It won't let me use driveimage from desktop, only from disks.
Is it anyway you could please make one with the highpoint 2.0.1024 bios in it ? Thanks in advance.

cjordan61:)

Re: bd7r bios

cjordan61 said:
As said earlier your bios is great. It gives a small issue though.
It won't let me use driveimage from desktop, only from disks.
Is it anyway you could please make one with the highpoint 2.0.1024 bios in it ? Thanks in advance.

Uh. Why? The 231 bios with drivers give much better performance.

cold boot only happen when....

hi mr natural i'd like to say thank you so much for the great job on the great bioses. well i noticed something about your bios. it's stable and fast. but anyways, i am using TH7II - Raid and i found that the mobo only cold boot when i don't use the power on button to turn on the PC. if i press the power button to turn on the PC it works everytime until now. but if i set the PC to turn on automatically when power is applied to the computer then cold boots happens like it used to. any idea how to solve this ? i use an UPS and i need to set it to automatically turn on so i don't need to press two different buttons to get it to turn on thanks first mr natural. and i am just thinking maybe people wanna know this so they can use your bios more effectively to solve the cold boot issue

bd7r bios

The reason is that I'm depended of running schedueled backups on the machine. On my system it is difficult to see any noticeable speed difference between the two highpoint bios's.
I also had a question about the enable\disable cpu level 3 cache command in Bios. Advantages\disadvantages.

Re: bd7r bios

cjordan61 said:
The reason is that I'm depended of running schedueled backups on the machine. On my system it is difficult to see any noticeable speed difference between the two highpoint bios's.
I also had a question about the enable\disable cpu level 3 cache command in Bios. Advantages\disadvantages.

If you don't see any difference in performance thenwhy go through making up 2 seperate bios files with 2 different HighPoint bios? Wouldn't one be just as good as the other?

The L3 Cache thing is something I spotted back ome months ago. It's a little piece of humour that Microsoft for some reason started requiring to be placed in the bios along qith APIC. Totaly useless for single CPU desktop machines but they require it for ACPI and XP Certification. Kinda dumb if you ask me.

bd7r bios

You are absolutely right about the speed issue. That's not the problem. The problem is that for some reason Powerquest's Drive Image don't work with the highpoint 2.31 drivers. I have no clue why. I can run the program with disk , but not from desktop.
I am depended of running from desktop or a predefined schedueled backup.

cjordan61

So Mr. Natural, do you see any possibility of adding higher memory voltage to the BD7 in the future?

Thanks in advance and keep up the excellent work.

HPT problem BIOS 39C Natural

:) Hello Mr. Natural.

Thanks again for the 39C...solved coldboot issues and with vrdram voltage at 2.72 can run the 2.0A at 2.5Ghz and Syncmaster RDRAM at 500/125.Volcano 7+ cooler on cpu. You have my gratitude!
Problem. Have 2 60 gig WD 6LO's (ATA133 drives)on IDE ATA100, put on HPT controller to setup raid 0_0. 2nd primary reads ATA33 first primary reads ATA100. Tried to run GUI 2.3 and 2.31 but won't see controller.Sandra sees both on ATA as ATA100.Swapped cables, switched ports, Maxtor tech support sez its the controller. Thinking of buying a pci133 raid controller. Any input Sir?
Best regards, GD

hi i have a question for those who knows the th7II raid well, what is the jumper or the pins right above the floopy connector for ??? anyone knows ??? any idea what that is ?

yeah mr natural what do you use to read the bios ?? i mean what program or tool you use to read the hex or machine language of the bios ? i'm just curious anyway anything i can do to help you in making bioses that rocks ? :)

ivanjong said:
hi i have a question for those who knows the th7II raid well, what is the jumper or the pins right above the floopy connector for ??? anyone knows ??? any idea what that is ?

The manual says it's the S1 jumper.....no idea what it does though

ivanjong said:

Those are for clearing the cmos. It's tells you that in the manual.

Back