• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updated Abit BD7-Raid and TH7II-Raid Bios. Get them here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Apie! said:
I actually switched back to TH7H_43A...
It got me a higher FSB. Now running [email protected] with 150FSB, MEM @450 (3x 150)
still got the cold boot problem though, might try some volt modding in a few weeks.

I wonder what gives better results:

[email protected] MEM @500(4x125)

or

[email protected] MEM @450(2x150)

advice anyone?
In this example I feel that you are running best at [email protected] MEM @450(3x150).

If you tried runninng your memory higher at X4, such as at [email protected] MEM @450(4x133) or more, then the playing field would be more equal. If you got much faster than 4x133, then I would lean toward the memory at 400 (vs 3x150).

I'm thinking about doing a vmem mod to obtain a higher frequency for the memory, but I'm not sure it'll work, ie it would be running 4x 150 == 600Mhz and I've read posts that the clockgenerator wasn't designed to do speeds like that.

MrNatural said:

Those are for clearing the cmos. It's tells you that in the manual.

not the three pin, it's another one with only 2 pins the one on top of the floopy drive connector. it is labeled as S1 in the manual doesn't say what it is for any idea ? and yeah mr natural are you gonna tweak that beta bios from abit ? any news of a new bios from you inform us hahah thanks for the great job

Apie! said:
I'm thinking about doing a vmem mod to obtain a higher frequency for the memory, but I'm not sure it'll work, ie it would be running 4x 150 == 600Mhz and I've read posts that the clockgenerator wasn't designed to do speeds like that.
I tried it and got a grand total of 0 MHz more. Several others have had the same results. I am soon going to remove mine and replace it with a 20k-22k resistor to keep the VMEM at or slightly above 2.5V

BD7 for sale

Mr. Natural,

You are to be congratulated for your hard work. I just wish it worked for me. My issues were: occasional cold boot problems, warm reboot problems and inability to shutdown without an inescapable BSOD.

It seems your BD7 beta bios fixed the cold boot problem but not the other two. Now to shut down I have to unplug the computer but this was happening before.

Interesting to note that when I did have cold boot problems it would usually reset the memory to SPD from manual (same memory timings). Setting back to manual boots it right back up.

My overclock specs are: [email protected]_1.6v_2.6v(mem); Manual 2:5:2:2; FSB=133 PCI=33(not fixed) AGP=66. Have reached 2.7 unstable.

Also interesting to note that the power/reboot issues are rarely noted in reviews. Too much for me so I bought an Epox 4da2+ and have a BD7 for sale.

Heydre

sweeet

I just upgraded to the beat bd7 bios bd7_7b.b02 and i changed the bios 3 times and 3 times it started . no cold boot so far.
never done that before ever.

MR. natural please mod this bios to allow cpu v to 1.85 .
so i can run 2.7 ghz, please !!!!!
it only goes to 1.7.

thanks,
Randy

Re: sweeet

rancid said:
I just upgraded to the beat bd7 bios bd7_7b.b02 and i changed the bios 3 times and 3 times it started . no cold boot so far.
never done that before ever.

MR. natural please mod this bios to allow cpu v to 1.85 .
so i can run 2.7 ghz, please !!!!!
it only goes to 1.7.

thanks,
Randy

only 1.7 Volt ?? F**K

PLEASE MrNatural mod it !!

In the readme stands:
Fix occasional no POST with debug code 26 issue while "Fixed PCI=33" option was enabled in SoftmenuIII.

Last edited:
TH7H_7D ?

Hi MrNatural,

Just noticed the TH7H_7D file on your site...

Can you tell me what version of bios this is?

manu thanks in advance,

Pascal

TH7H_7d

Hmmm.. seems my post is wasn't clear enough...

It could be a new Abit version.. but their FAE site "stops" at version 7c01 ...

So the questions are:
- is this a new abit version which is not yet posted on their site?
- is this a new MrNatural version?
- is this a bogus or old version...

note that the 43a (or something) gives me probs.. i switched to the 7c01 version and this one seems to be stable..

regards2all

Pascal

Jirnsum said:
It is dated the 20th of April

Jirnsum said:
It is dated the 20th of April
where is mr N's webpage ? i can't load it. can you put the bios file as an attachment on this forum ? i want to download and see if this is mr n's new bios

New bios version from MrN

Well... here it is.

a word of warning: use at your own risk!

regards,

Pascal

Jirnsum said:
7c01 is quite stable indeed. I get higher FSB at lower Vcore.

I'll flash it this evening.

.... Mr.Natural seems quite busy. last posting on Apr.17 ...

let's hope he shows up some time again. it was quite reassuring having a competent man at hand who can answer some questions ..

Flashed the _7D ...

-) Identifies as
"Abit TH7-II Raid Beta BIOS - Th7H_7D.BIN (Evaluation Rom)"

-) It has the Highpoint 2.31 BIOS included.

-) Features AGP/PCI dividers up to 2/8 and Spread Specturm Modulation

-) Boots the System smoothly everytime it's turned on!
No cold-boot issues, no bluescreens when booting streight into windows.

it seems - for the lack of a better word - perfect!

:cool:

Redphex said:
Flashed the _7D ...

-) Identifies as
"Abit TH7-II Raid Beta BIOS - Th7H_7D.BIN (Evaluation Rom)"

-) It has the Highpoint 2.31 BIOS included.

-) Features AGP/PCI dividers up to 2/8 and Spread Specturm Modulation

-) Boots the System smoothly everytime it's turned on!
No cold-boot issues, no bluescreens when booting streight into windows.

it seems - for the lack of a better word - perfect!

:cool:

thank you kind sir. I do try. If you have been having problems getting to my site that is because it's been down for about a week now due to hardware failuer and changing to a new server and getting the DNS resolved. things will be pulling together again hopefully by next week so please bear with me. Things will be better once it's back up and going.

Peace out all! :cool: :D

Redphex or Mr.Natural,

please clarify one more important question: what's the highest Vcore you can set with Northwoods and the 7d BIOS? Thanks.

Also, it fixes the cold boot issue, doesn't it?

Back