• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VisionTek GF4 MX440 O/C.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Altima

The VisionTek card i got came with a heatsink but no fan:(. Right now its running at 280MHz engine and 412MHz Memory. But im afraid to go higher. What happens when u go too high? does ur gpu just fry, or does it stop working or what? Also what's a good fan for my GF4 MX440. My case is well circulated and soon to be better.

if you oc it too high you will notice inconsistensie (artifacts) and/or instability while gaming....a good fan would be a crystal orb or if you wanna go all out a CoolJag 1U cooler....

my ge4 mx 440

is an asus v8170 default is 270/400 and with heatsink on ram and good cooling it is doing 300/425 no problem so yes you can push it a little bit more an i am almost sure i could push mine to 305/440 but since i am short on cash i just dont want to risk it more ....

I got mine to 325/490.

It's not super stable but it finishes 3dmark without artifacts. I usually run ~310/460 for games.

But I'm on a Gainward Golden Sample, so I guess I cheated a bit :)

--Illah

440mx

Just curious guys, but what kinda scores do you get in 3dmark2k1 with those OC'd Geforce 4 Mx's? I want to know how my Geforce 2 titanium compares...

regarding 3d mark

i do not know my computer seem to have a problem with 3d mark or sysmark or pc mark i dont know it worked fine the first time i tried it then it never worked again (here is the problem the little 3d mark loading screen does a weird rainbow affect then once it is loaded if i start the benchmark it freeze)

also

i did try to reinstall the driver of my card and\or the benchmark and i also cleaned my registery ,as for the card it work just fine i can run UT in 1280x1024 with full detail and 40 fps and quincunx antialiasing without any lag so for me this is good result

freeze

3dmark use to glitch and freeze on me at the loading screen when I tried to OC the gpu above 255, back on stock cooling and using the card's own overclocking utility. I upgraded the cooling and switched to using nvmax or rivatuner and haven't had the problem since.

Re: 440mx

Arkaine23 said:
Just curious guys, but what kinda scores do you get in 3dmark2k1 with those OC'd Geforce 4 Mx's? I want to know how my Geforce 2 titanium compares...

My top is ~6300.

I'm gonna unlock my chip soon and up the FSB, so expect that to rise :)

--Illah

Back