• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got my new Bluetooth foldable keyboard for using my iPad on the go. Great for edits in Coda and emails and such.

IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG

Pretty cool little Keyboard.

I forgot to post this the other day. My Router from ATMINSIDE came in on Tuesday.

20170124_200457.jpg

Got some new hard drives for my new media server. A couple weeks ago I got a Dell Optiplex 7010 to run Plex Media Server on, about a week after my media hard drive died :( Got some replacements today. The 1TB Black is the new primary drive and the 2 3TB blues are media storage and backup drives. Also got some random ethernet cables and the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter (for my Macbook). Now for the fun data transfers :chair:
2017-01-28 14.30.15.jpg

I picked up another rx 470 today, couldnt resist the $60 cheaper price from the last one :shock:
rx470.png
now i just need another board with 2 pcie slots for my r9 270 and 650 ti boost :rofl:

Picked up an open box Dell 3040 Micro cheap today at Microcenter: i3-6100T, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 500GB HD. Removed the Dell Win 10 pre-loaded hard drive and installed my own 128GB SSD with Win 7 pre-installed. The thing runs pretty sweet, much better than the couple of i5 NUCs I had tried. Very solid metal case.

Dell 3040.jpg

Dell i3-6100T CPU-Z.jpg

Those little boxes are such a great deal, especially if you figure the retail cost of just buying Windows. Swapping out an SSD makes them so much faster too.

Got a bit of childhood today as well as a modern upgrade =P

I remember taking in a presentation and a project into elementary school on a floppy disk, those were good times =P (I'm 22)

Also, got a H80i V2 to replace my aging CM 212 EVO (from my original EVGA SR-2 build) the plastic clips were getting weak and not clipping to the heatsink as well and the sound of the rattling was slowly driving me insane. I don't mind fan noise but jesus. Only was able to do pull with the H80i radiator as it is very thick and Corsair's own damn Dominator Platinum's are in the way. Lol... I'll get a picture of the actual innards whenever, i'm just glad it still works after all the pushing on the CPU I did, whew that's scary even after I've done it multiple times.

CPU appears to idle at 26c with the h80i v2. Not sure what the 212 EVOs idle was, somewhere around 32 iirc? I expect load temperatures to be better anyway, but it was really just a noise upgrade as this CPU imo is voltage limited on its overclock rather than temperature (1.344 volts for 24/7 stability at 4.6 GHZ)

IMG_5965.JPG

It's also extremely ironic that the size of the picture is 1.44 mb... wow.

5rQIpX8.jpg

Back