• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of cooling do you use poll (2009)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your primary method of cooling your main system?

• Air cooling

Votes: 315 76.3%
  • Water cooling

Votes: 93 22.5%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Air for now.

A lot easier to set up, and I'm still attending college. I really don't feel like draining the whole system to move the computer, at the beginning and end of every semester.

I built my 1st h20 system in college. I moved it all the time and I never drained it when transporting (she sat in the back seat with a seat belt on). Since I used worm drives I'm confident that she wont spring a costly leak.

I just love the near silence combined with incredible overclocking headroom.

I have a much better build underway but right now I'm running: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @2.35ghz (2.01 stock)
BFGtech GeForce 7800 gs oc 512mb(no overclock)
1gb ddr400mhz Ultra Ram

I'm using air cooling- stock CPU cooler, stock GPU cooler, top mounted PSU, and a single 80mm exhaust fan in rear. No front intake (it's there but it's dead).

Had previous problems of heat related crashes (GPU fan occasionally stopped while playing CoD4). Issue was resolved, when replacing HDD and reinstalling windows, and system has been very stable ever since. Going on 47 hours of Prime95 torture test and CPU stays at about 52 degrees under 100% load.

New system:
Intel Dual-Core 2.7ghz
ATI Radeon 3870
2gb ddr2 1066mhz OCZ ram

it will probably be stock air cooled too since I don't have the money, patience, or confidence in my build skills for water, though I may invest in a better CPU cooler, anyone have any good suggestions?

Air. I have my rigs on test sleds with case fans blowing at them. But I do have to admit that having water is nicer for OC'n when you have all that hardware so close together...still have to deal with the rad fans for some noise though.

I use air cooling in my systems right now, both of the quads are cooled by TRUE120s and the others are cooled by whatever crap (stock) hsfs I've had laying around.

I use air on all my boxes but my game box is the most high end and it has Thermalright all around. CPU, NB, MOSFET and GPU with the sole exception being the SB which runs so cool it almost doesn't need one. Air is inferior but the value is greater with only one exception I'm aware of: CoolIT Domino A.L.C.

Finally water cooled a pc with my i7 rig. Only regret is not getting into WC sooner. Sons pc is now water cooled. Soon the movie/file server. Better temps, quieter, NOT AS EXPENSIVE AS YOU THINK if you don't buy the "newest/best" stuff too.
just my 2c but I can live without ever hearing my Vantec 92mm Tornados on full speed again =]

Air cooling for me. I have the original 3 front fans, 2 back fans and the 200 mm top fan on the Antec 1200. I've bought a fan for the side window, and one to put on the other side of the fan in the middle in the front. Complicated explained, yes ^^.
Will pretty sure upgrade to water cooling later, tho I've heard alot of greats things about it. Really stable, less noise (?), and it looks how imba you can get it. :)

I use Air Cooling because I don't know how to setup Water Cooling :D and my motherboard is not an overclocker.

Anyway... Welcome joaksle!

I use air right now, scythe mugen 2 to be specific. Tough i am not keen on my temps : 66-67-60-64 when blending in prime, but my oc i rather high for air, so i don't mind ectually, i think W/C is better, but the cost/time/riscs it brings with it doesn't make it better then aircooling. But one day i think i will make the big step to W/C :D

i built 3 rigs 2 had TEC a vigor monsoon2 and my rig now, coolermasterv10. My last rig has a zerotherm bf 90, looked cheezy but cooled my e6600 like a champ.

Both actually, but I voted water b/c it's on the main / overclocking rig and air on the secondary system. Just got into water this year and absolutely love it. Fun to install, looks great, temps are wonderful, fans wouldn't be as loud if my radiator wasn't crap...what's not to like??

I use water to Cool off the CPU the rest is air cooled . If I ever get a job I will add cooling to the video and mobo but no job no money now parts !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back