• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of cooling do you use poll (2009)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your primary method of cooling your main system?

• Air cooling

Votes: 315 76.3%
  • Water cooling

Votes: 93 22.5%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watercooling my main pc for ages. I chose watercooling for 2 reasons:

1) Better cooling over air
2) High end air is a bit too noisy.

Water for almost 8-years:

1. I saw a LC rig at the UT forum that got me interested.
2. My last air cooled rig had a Delta on a Thermalright HS. :screwy:
3. The cooler temps don't suck, and I enjoy the dangerous challenge of water cooling as a hobby.

I desperately want WC, so the moment I finish adding the main parts I want into my case it's Dangerden for me. In the mean time Xigmatec HDT-S1283 is my only muse.

Water cooling (CPU) FTW (but i have a lot of air flow through my case for everything else)

Air air air. Just for the sake of better cost:performance ratio. + the fact that I can't really afford a Water cooling setup.. A decent one anyway. And I'd prob be a bit chicken trying to run water through my comp.. I might as well grab the hose from outside when my comp overheats :p. =D.

OCZ Vendetta 2 + Thermalright T-Rad2 on my CPU/GPU respectively work perfectly fine, and are dead silent.

I would love to play around with WC though one day, tubing makes stuff look cool :p. =D

whoa, air cooling is 75% of the total.
i go to Lans, so water is a no no for me lol.

i also like my fans. they're not that noisy..and LEDs - muahahahah!

...sorry got carried away...:banghead:

Voted for air cooling as well.

Don't want to take chances of my system getting mess up.

i.gif

i.gif

hi.
im using Swiftech Apogee GTZ CPU Block ,TFC Xchanger Triple Radiator ,Laing DDC-1T Ultra Pump with XSPC Laing DDC Top Reservoir ,7/16" TYGON tubing ,de-ionised water and petras nuke.got 3 Scythe S-FLEX 120mm Fans (800 RPM) cooling rad.idle temp is ~22 and full load ~33.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=594433

Last edited:
Pelt plus liquid

I run a modified Corsair Xtreme box with an extra radiator in the loop and it ends with a Coolit Freezone with insulated cooling lines entering a Koolance waterblock on the processer. I have found stability at under 65C across all cores with a 4 gig OC (See my CPUZ Veri) I run 24/7 at 3.9 just because it gets hot here in the summer. (House temps hit 80 indoors)

I'm rockin' water cooling in my main. I got this computer from my brother after he got a new computer. I'd say water cooling has its pros and cons. With fans my computer has in the past overheated, and so far with water cooling it hasn't even come close. Plus, I personally think it looks really nice. But there is always the risk of leakage. This actually happened to me before... not good. But I was lucky and thankfully nothing was permanently damaged.

I'm still using air cooling at this time, but I think I would try some new tech for cooling systems.

Just upgraded to Water cooling from a zalman 9700. I wanted quieter enviroment with temps around 25C-40C. And with my Antec 1200 and those crazy fans, things were loud when i was gaming to keep it cold. now that i went on water, things are all good. definatly like water cooling better.

Water cooled my latest system I always love water and now I'm doing it ^^ and can't be replaced =D Going to have my North and south bridge water cooled soon once I have the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back