• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd phenom ii 970 be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I remember my 955 was not accepting 1T any more above 3.9GHz. Might change it to 2T, see if that helps...

Should i increase the NB from 2200 to higher?
View attachment 169230View attachment 169231
Well I think you should take one step at a time. Have you established stability ie, 2+ hours Prime blend at 4.0 yet? If you haven't see if you can get stable there first before you try and push. If you find you're having issues, you may want to set the ram back to 1333 with the timings in the XMP-1332 profile. Get the Cpu stable first then you can work on pushing other things such as the ram and Nb freq.

Well I think you should take one step at a time. Have you established stability ie, 2+ hours Prime blend at 4.0 yet? If you haven't see if you can get stable there first before you try and push. If you find you're having issues, you may want to set the ram back to 1333 with the timings in the XMP-1332 profile. Get the Cpu stable first then you can work on pushing other things such as the ram and Nb freq.

Stability at 4.0 ghz has not been a problem.

We haven't gotten a straightforward answer on that from OP yet have we.

Sorry, I have not run it for over 2 hours yet. I think about an hour is the most I've done.

I will run it for over 2 hours when I get home and post the results tonight.

I cant seem to hit the 2 hour mark, it restarts around 1 hour 45 mins. I've tried twice now, the hottest temp I've seen is 52* and the last time i checked it the temp was 49*.

If you add about .010 to the vcore I think you'll be stable for the full two hours. Looks like your temps should permit it.

If you add about .010 to the vcore I think you'll be stable for the full two hours. Looks like your temps should permit it.

Ok starting again. I bumped up the vcore .01, the ram volts to 1.65 and i lowered the cpu/nb to 1.25.

I'll check back in around 11pm est. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Failed again at 1 hour. Temps were about the same, fairly steady at 50*C.

Failed again at 1 hour. Temps were about the same, fairly steady at 50*C.
Is your ram still set the way it was in post #16? If it is lets back it down to its rated specs for now that way we can rule out if the ram is causing the issue. Also just to be on the same page are you running Prime Blend?

Does it feel hot. Thats a pretty large variance in vcore. What is your LLC setting at? Auto?

Yes LLC is on Auto

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Is your ram still set the way it was in post #16? If it is lets back it down to its rated specs for now that way we can rule out if the ram is causing the issue. Also just to be on the same page are you running Prime Blend?

My ram is still set to 1600mhz and I increased to 1.65v, I'm currently 1 hour in if it fails again i will put the ram back to 1333mhz and re run. Should I leave it at 1.65v or reduce that to auto?

I am running prime blend. Thank you for clarifying that because I was going to ask.

Yes LLC is on Auto

My ram is still set to 1600mhz and I increased to 1.65v, I'm currently 1 hour in if it fails again i will put the ram back to 1333mhz and re run. Should I leave it at 1.65v or reduce that to auto?

I am running prime blend. Thank you for clarifying that because I was going to ask.
If you set it back to 1333 which is stock since the JEDEC profile asks for 1.6v yes I'd leave it at 1.65v.

depending on how well your thermals do you could set LLC to on (IIRC that board is auto/on/off) but also, if it behaves like the M5A97 (1.0) then LLC to on is gobs of v...

2hrs.PNG 2hrcpu.PNG 2hrscpu2.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

I made it through the 2 hours :) above are the screen shots. One thing I changed on this run was I upped the CPU-NB from the suggested 1.25 to 1.27v.

My temp stays pretty solid around 49-50*C. The vcore stayed around 1.44-1.46 despite having the bios set to 1.49.

View attachment 169266View attachment 169267View attachment 169268

- - - Updated - - -

I made it through the 2 hours :) above are the screen shots. One thing I changed on this run was I upped the CPU-NB from the suggested 1.25 to 1.27v.

My temp stays pretty solid around 49-50*C. The vcore stayed around 1.44-1.46 despite having the bios set to 1.49.
Excellent, now if you want start working on the Nb Freq, same theory applies. Raise Nb freq to 2400 run blend, pass raise NB freq again, fail add Cpu Nb V till it passes while watching temps.

Excellent, now if you want start working on the Nb Freq, same theory applies. Raise Nb freq to 2400 run blend, pass raise NB freq again, fail add Cpu Nb V till it passes while watching temps.

Ok I will start one now and report back this afternoon.

Should I change my LLC (currently auto) it was suggested earlier but I am not sure if that was just to compensate for the failing test.

Back