• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFS:MW Full Game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Shuruga2 said:
Here's something slightly interesting I've noticed. If you have winamp running while you play the game it will crash any time it tries to play the video sequence from when your busted. Listen to your own music while you play, save before every chase, and you could have a perfect record.

I just reload everytime I get busted. Does the same thing. ;)

foobar > winamp

Im up to the 2nd blacklist member its hard geting the last milestone and bounty up higher enough im always getting busted so im always reloading the game I like how alt+f4 actually terminates the game so quickly

im so close to beating the end...i have the carerra GT with everything but turbo...and im racing the last few races, they aren't very fun, really long and chaotic, so you screw up alot, i wanna play this on a crossfire setup

gravitywell said:
In light of my above post...I decided that I wasn't too far into the game (25%) so I would start a new careen, investing all of my Blacklist markers into the Pink-slip random-reward.

I started again, blew threw the BMW intros, and picked the Cobalt as my starter.

This is when a funny though hit me...how far can I make it, using a bone-stock starter car (not even performance tuning it.)

Well, I aced the first set of races without a problem, also beat racer 15 without a hitch. Rewards: Get outta jail, and bonus 10k. NO PINK SLIP!!!

I went into the second set of races, the newer cars got the jump on my stock Cobalt, but in the end, I beat them all with at least 10 seconds to spare. Racer 14 wasn't difficult, he got the jump on me off the line (and up the incline hill) but this too, ended with my blue Cobalt in the front by 5+ seconds on both of his races. Rewards: 16k bonus cash, and an impound strike. NO PINK SLIP!!!

Well, I'm off to bed, I'll update my Blue Cobalt SS journal tomorrow.

*Note: I'm playing the PS2 Black Edition game, sadly, my PC doesn't do this justice*

does the game work like the NFS:U where you could beat the entire game with a stock car?

Well got the game over the weekend and gotta say love it. I like my racing games on my console so I got it for the XBox.

Not bad, enjoyed it quiet well only beat the 12th guy or something like that, won 2 cars already too.

So I own a Cobalt, my starter car. Worked well for its job. First race got $10G's and a Get out of jail free card.

The cars I won, the IS300, that gold one with the skull on the side, think it was #14's car if not mistaken. Nice ride, just a tad better then the Cobalt with what I spent for it, a hole whopping $5G's I dropped into it that is hehe.

Then I also won the Supra :) Been riding aronud in that and creating hell hehe. Got all the upgrades just because I had cash and still have lots of cash (got $40 grand still).

I won a suspension upgrade once also. Now I wonder is it better to say try for a car, or get the preformance upgrades and such to use on a future rides? Also should I keep old cars? I got all 3 still, but is it worth it to keep the older cars as time goes on, besides the fact if they sit they get less heat over time. I mean I can get a whopping $13k for my Cobalt and $13.5k for my IS300 if not mistaken. Its not like I need money for anything currently but more so for future expenses.

I love ****ing off the cops its so much fun :) What was a nice challenge since I got the black edition, theres those other challenges well theres a special one where you get a Camero, and have it seems like 30 godly SUV cop cars after you. Man a nightmare but that was just fun rolling around in that creating hell also :)

Last edited:
deathman20 said:
Well got the game over the weekend and gotta say love it. I like my racing games on my console so I got it for the XBox.

Not bad, enjoyed it quiet well only beat the 12th guy or something like that, won 2 cars already too.

So I own a Cobalt, my starter car. Worked well for its job. First race got $10G's and a Get out of jail free card.

The cars I won, the IS300, that gold one with the skull on the side, think it was #14's car if not mistaken. Nice ride, just a tad better then the Cobalt with what I spent for it, a hole whopping $5G's I dropped into it that is hehe.

Then I also won the Supra :) Been riding aronud in that and creating hell hehe. Got all the upgrades just because I had cash and still have lots of cash (got $40 grand still).

I won a suspension upgrade once also. Now I wonder is it better to say try for a car, or get the preformance upgrades and such to use on a future rides? Also should I keep old cars? I got all 3 still, but is it worth it to keep the older cars as time goes on, besides the fact if they sit they get less heat over time. I mean I can get a whopping $13k for my Cobalt and $13.5k for my IS300 if not mistaken. Its not like I need money for anything currently but more so for future expenses.

I love ****ing off the cops its so much fun :) What was a nice challenge since I got the black edition, theres those other challenges well theres a special one where you get a Camero, and have it seems like 30 godly SUV cop cars after you. Man a nightmare but that was just fun rolling around in that creating hell also :)

That cash won't do you any good when you start getting into the real upgrades ;). I think one of the ultimate upgrades cost like 48000 or something like that. What I ended up doing was just upgrading my fastest car, and if I have anything left over start working on my other cars, but those performance upgrades start getting really expensive at the higher levels.

Fr3@k3r how are you maxing everything out on 1280x1024 do you have aa on and maxed or off do you have filtering on max cause im assuming all the sliders are set to high everything is on im assuming you have a 256mb 6600gt since its pci-e?

Anyway you dont need to buy new cars or anything while your starting out the only car you really need to buy well not really is the porshe carrera you can just get pink slips like I have been doing and you dont need to upgrade the cars youve won either they are pretty fast for the races you do at that time....

Anyway im up to the last guy Clarence I think is his real name

I started out with the cobalt; then won the supra, won a rx8, which i used for a while, then won the lamborgini, used that for the rest of the game... also won the eclipse, slk500, viper, the mclaren benz, and i think one more, but i cant remember... One thing i didnt like, is having to evade the cops in the bmw i lost in the beginning. My lamborgini rocks the bmw and every other car i raced.

Centercore said:
Fr3@k3r how are you maxing everything out on 1280x1024 do you have aa on and maxed or off do you have filtering on max cause im assuming all the sliders are set to high everything is on im assuming you have a 256mb 6600gt since its pci-e?

Anyway you dont need to buy new cars or anything while your starting out the only car you really need to buy well not really is the porshe carrera you can just get pink slips like I have been doing and you dont need to upgrade the cars youve won either they are pretty fast for the races you do at that time....

Anyway im up to the last guy Clarence I think is his real name

128mb 6600Gt not the 256mb newer version :) and yes all sliders set to the highest possible.

and ive been using the first unlockable mercedes, and with the upgrades i've made and won it rules period!

nfsmw.jpg

Can somebody tell me some bad things about the game? I'm really trying to resist picking this up for PS2!

Ey, Fr3@k3r, any chance I could get an un resized image from the game? Looks kinda choppy from the screeny ya posted, n I'm running about the same config, n It's a tad choppy IMO :-/

So what's the fastest speed you guys got in this game and with which car? That Corvette you win off one of those Blacklist racers is my fastest car right now. Basically had all the performance upgrades in it right off the back before those kits get unlocked. Got that bad boy up to around 240MPH. Right now my main car is the Gallardo, I can get it up to around 220MPH, but without the ultimate engine upgrade. Working on beating the number 3 guy so I can get all the ultimate performance upgrades on my Gallardo.

BTW, one think I missed that I wish this game had that the older NFS games had are the Ferarris and the McLaren F1. Hoping they add those in Part 2.

Back