• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E DO P4 : what are your sources?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danman81

Okay here is what I know about this topic. newegg.com has the real deal and people are getting good overclocks from them but their 3.2e is not the cheapest.

next, zipzoomfly sells it for a very good price BUT its the philipenes and people are NOT getting good overclocks from them.

Any more experiences from these places or others? please let us know.

danman81 said:
next, zipzoomfly sells it for a very good price BUT its the philipenes and people are NOT getting good overclocks from them.

I really doubt that the SL7KC with FPO/batxh # starting with 7(=made in fil), are bad or inferior. Where do you get that info from?? There is no way you can conclude that from posts on this forum, as I've red them all, and there just aren't any telling you did the fil. KC's are bad. Please explain where you got this from.

I can tell you this about Newegg. I just got a C0 stepper from there yesterday. I did not specify which one I wanted though just thought I would get lucky!! It had a pack date of 5/20/04 so it must have been found on the top shelf somewhere :D

Oh well

woutertal said:
I really doubt that the SL7KC with FPO/batxh # starting with 7(=made in fil), are bad or inferior. Where do you get that info from?? There is no way you can conclude that from posts on this forum, as I've red them all, and there just aren't any telling you did the fil. KC's are bad. Please explain where you got this from.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=328176

woutertal said:
What's the point that yr trying to make here?

okay. basically in a nutshell, its one or two sources saying that 3.2E D0 from zipzoomfly are from the philipenes and they have not been overclocking very well, at least not as well as other d0 steppings we have seen around here. im still trying to find a definite source for the d0 at a decent price, where ppl have responded to. 200+ is a lot of money yaknow...

ed.howell said:
I can tell you this about Newegg. I just got a C0 stepper from there yesterday. I did not specify which one I wanted though just thought I would get lucky!! It had a pack date of 5/20/04 so it must have been found on the top shelf somewhere :D

Oh well

To the best of my knowledge, Newegg states they cannot supply a *certain* sSpec or Batch. This may have changed recently, but was the policy when I was doing some builds, late last year.

This policy also applied to other components, as well.

Strat

woutertal said:

read the post by Audiman:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3091575#post3091575

so, thats source number 2, woutertal.

are there anymore confirmed reports from newegg.com? they dont let you request specfic batches, but i have heard people getting good steppings AND good overclocks from them, SO im assuming they are not from the philipenes. can anyone second this?

danman81 said:
so, thats source number 2, woutertal.

are there anymore confirmed reports from newegg.com? they dont let you request specfic batches, but i have heard people getting good steppings AND good overclocks from them, SO im assuming they are not from the philipenes. can anyone second this?

OK, I can see what you are trying to conclude. but I really think that you cannot base any conclusion on just less tham a handfull of experiences. However I do embrace the idea of trying to locate whatever batch that clocks best, if such a thing exists. For the moment, heaving been reading everything on these forums on the subject for monthds, I remain convinced that it's principally the luck of the draw.

But if you guys are serious and you want to do a thread that tries to compile OC results of all 3.2E's ou there, I think it's worth it, since I think that in general these chips OC pretty well.

For such a comparison, I think at least 20 to 30 results should be logged complete with S-spec, batch no. and all details about the rig they where tested on.

For now, I can give you this, and I urge all 3.2E users out there to post there observations here:

My CPU: SL7KC FPO# 741A524 pack date 05/28/04

This CPU boots straight into Windows at 240 FSB and stock Vcore. I am limited to night-time-temps for P95 testing, during the day it's simply to hot: outside temps (and inside) are still >30C. I have ordered water cooling and I am taking it easy untill I get it this week. I would bet quite a bit that this CPU can do 4.25 MHz on water easy.

For details on my current rig see sig.

thank you for joining my quest in search for the next holy grail of computing, woutertal :santa: :santa:

okay i have two new sources I found on another forum. it LOOKS like the SL7E5 is an EVEN BETTER overclocker than the SL7KC. here are the two sources. everyone else please help join the crusade!!! :bang head :bang head

Bobtod said:
Looks like my 4ghz+ chip has arrived ;)

Now, let me see...unpack box, install into vapo, boot into bios, check temps, set to 4ghz, run prime for 10 minute, get bored, then see how far she will go with 1.5v vcore and clockgen :D

Chip is: SL7E5, Pack date 09/01/04, FPO# 7417A580

Quick screenie for fun (and no it's NOT stable!)

I have just done the dual bios P4P800 full pat mod which means I can only run 1:1 ratio at which my OCZ4200EL will now only pass memtest at 265mhz (was 278mhz without PAT) so it's amazing it let me get a screenie at 281. Don't know if the chip will go any higher if I re-flash bios and use a divider, maybe I'll try when I get some spare time.

Looks like I should be able to get a stable 4.2ghz after a little tweaking.

bt

3.2eMaxScreenie.gif

eyepiz said:
I got an SL7E5 at Fry's... I tried 2 SL7KC and they suck… I returned them... The SL7KC can boot up to 4.00 GHz but with high V-cores and Very unstable… The SL7E5 is a winner for me it's Prime stable and hold very good in games like Battlefield Vietnam and Doom 3

BOTH SOURCES ARE FORM HERE: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3093280#post3093280

AudiMan said:
SL798 C0, 4.0 GHz, 1.475 Vcore, Mach 1 - Stable - Costa Rica
SL7KC D0, 4.1 GHz, 1.475 Vcore, Mach 1 - Stable - Phillippenes

I've got another 3.2E coming in the mail. I'll post with results on that too.

thANKS for your input audiman. i request that you also post your sources; which retailers these from? the SL7E5 should be a very interesting chip if we can find where to get them from. :santa2: :santa2: :santa:

3.2E SL7E5 - FPO/BATCH#: 7416A254 (pack date: 09/08/04)

Bought it at Fry's in Orange County, Socal

Had a C0 before this one that did 246FSB on air but it used to idle at 46-48C (60+ under heavy duty load) so I got rid of it - this D0 idles at 39-40C which Im more comfortable with. I havent put it under a lot of load so I cant tell you how it would behave.

cybercla said:
3.2E SL7E5 - FPO/BATCH#: 7416A254 (pack date: 09/08/04)

Bought it at Fry's in Orange County, Socal

Had a C0 before this one that did 246FSB on air but it used to idle at 46-48C (60+ under heavy duty load) so I got rid of it - this D0 idles at 39-40C which Im more comfortable with. I havent put it under a lot of load so I cant tell you how it would behave.

OEM or Retail?

I just tested another 3.2 SL7B8 Costa chip from NCIX. 4GHz, 1.5 volts, Mach 1, crashed prime after 5 minutes. :mad:

just brought a Sl7e5 oem from Fry's for $229. I highly recommend Fry's if you live close by. They actually let me check the spec before buying it.

I'll report back how it goes with my p4p800 tonight.

AudiMan said:
FPO/BATCH#: 3409A611
PACK DATE: 07/19/04

Worst 3.2E ever. Ever.

I put my SL7KC back in :cool:

TKS. I'm still happy with my SL7KC. I'm waiting for some parts from DD to set up my WC. Than I think >4 shouldn't be a problem. At 3.72 MHz it's benching slightly better than my SL7BK 3.0 MO Northy at 3.6.

Back