• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant see the bios and windows load screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carannir

Registered
here is my poor system

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz / 3.6GHz Turbo Core 9MB Cache
Seasonic M12 II 620W 80Plus Bronze Modüler
R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC

my problem is that

when i power my system up there is nothing appear on my screen. after time goes by i see windows homescreen but its only 640 x 480 pixel and windows doesnt give me a chance to change it.

i cant see bios screen and also windows loading screen.

changing rams and graphic card no solves the problem

i thinks its motherboard problem but i need your opinion

Incredibly weird. Remove everything and try to reproduce the error with the bare bones outside of the case (motherboard, 1 RAM stick, CPU, power supply, no hard disk drives, no expansion cards).

Incredibly weird. Remove everything and try to reproduce the error with the bare bones outside of the case (motherboard, 1 RAM stick, CPU, power supply, no hard disk drives, no expansion cards).

i tried that motherboard cpu and one ram too many restart but nothing changed

i give up but i really want to know is this motherboard problem or psu? i only couldnt try new psu cause i dont have one.

Does n0t seem like power supply problem.

so i need a new motherbord

which one do you suggest

MSI 990FXA-GD80 AMD 990FX AM3+ DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX

Asus M5A99X EVO AMD 990X Socket AM3 2133MHz DDR3 PCI Express 2.0

Asrock 990FX Extreme3 AMD DDR3 1333MHz Soket AM3

MSI 870A Fuzion AMD 870+SB710 DDR3 1600MHz(OC) Soket AM3

MSI 970A-G46 AMD 970+SB950 AM3+ DDR3 2133MHz

or other one?

If you can afford the ASUS, go for that.

how about MSI 970A-G46 AMD 970+SB950 AM3+ DDR3 2133MHz
is it too much differences between them by the way i dont think i will use two graphic card and also not do much overclock just a little bit

Being completely honest, for a standard user, you won't notice any difference between a 970, a 990X and a 990FX. Just, try and go for the ASUS. I personally don't like MSi because I had a 790FX flagship MSi burst in fire (literally, a MOSFET ignited) with an underclocked processor, what got MSi a one-way ticket to Notrustland.

I have an ASRock motherboard, my server P67 Extreme4. It's kinda neat, but don't you dare install a Beta BIOS, not even if they ask you to. ASR told me to install that, because I was thinking on getting an Ivy. I installed that custom BIOS and it dropped support for nVidia cards. I couldn't get it to post with any card. I tried with my GTX 470s, a friends 9000-Series (9600GTX I think?), a 8800GT, no luck with any of them, but it did work with an ATi 5450.

Being completely honest, for a standard user, you won't notice any difference between a 970, a 990X and a 990FX. Just, try and go for the ASUS. I personally don't like MSi because I had a 790FX flagship MSi burst in fire (literally, a MOSFET ignited) with an underclocked processor, what got MSi a one-way ticket to Notrustland.

I have an ASRock motherboard, my server P67 Extreme4. It's kinda neat, but don't you dare install a Beta BIOS, not even if they ask you to. ASR told me to install that, because I was thinking on getting an Ivy. I installed that custom BIOS and it dropped support for nVidia cards. I couldn't get it to post with any card. I tried with my GTX 470s, a friends 9000-Series (9600GTX I think?), a 8800GT, no luck with any of them, but it did work with an ATi 5450.

i ve got asus now i was really happy with it but i dont wanna waste much money if it will be no benefit for me

by the way abit an7 is a legend :)

Well where ever you are that's the board to go for, as you have already had 1 asus doubt if you really want a second one now! But if you want really good solid board you only get what you pay sometime Bro!

Well where ever you are that's the board to go for, as you have already had 1 asus doubt if you really want a second one now! But if you want really good solid board you only get what you pay sometime Bro!

in deed no argue with that

All i can say to you when i posted the Gigabyte board i did check out ASUS,ASROCK,MSI, ETC! But from what i saw the board i picked seem to be the one for your CPU. The simple reason for that was its good board it uses standard ram @ 1600 works well with it. It was said it was easy to OC and simple to work with! But as the OP it still your choice as to what you want and what you decide to do. AJ.

Back