• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$350 system performance challenge!!! beat this!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deathman20 said:
Even though that board overvolts a little still I still consider that a good oc for a 2.0A CPU and I don't care what stepping it is.

thank for your support man.....

here wcpuid for clearer view:

Attachments

• 361wcpuid.jpg
    361wcpuid.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 646
You use clockgen to push your CPU higher faster? No reboots needed :D

I know I like playing with that here and there just to see where my computer crashes at, hehe. Then again thats what screwed up my last install of windows with my craziness of really pushing my CPU far hehe.

Man.....I was looking for a cheap rig....might check those chips out...

What are you using to test stablility?

I've clocked a 2.0A chip before and they're pretty amazing. I dont think I've actually hit the limit of the chip. But cuz i used PC2700 in that rig and the Asus P4PE-X mobo only gave me 2 mem divider options, 1:1 and 3:4, i chose to go with 3:4 and stay at 2.5GHz (ram at stock 166MHz) cuz it's for my sis which would be a third of the way around the world in a month. Should have tried 1:1 @ 166fsb... That would have given me 3.32GHz which i thought might be impossible with this chip... Even my 2.4C seems to max out at 3.36GHz (havent tried clocking again with my new SP-94 and flashing the bios)

Sniper_83 said:
3.61 on stock air cooler?

To make water cooling and big heatsink users something to scracth on the head this weekend.... he... he.... he.... :D

Attachments

• 361machine.jpg
    361machine.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 706
OK how about this

1 ASUS 266-d, dual AMD board $105 on ebay. Pair of 1700xp Chips locked in @ 2.26ghz each. $45 each when i got them new dltc's 1.5v, "should of bought 50 of them!!!, 1 512 stick of mushkin 2100 $59 from the bargin bin on newegg.

$254. Enough said. And almost $100 less!!! guess i could add another stick of ram for a gig and still be under no problem.

2 SVC g69 $6 heatsinks, this is my F@H speed 24/7 stable no errors, they are good up 2 2350mhz each for benching!! Dont feel like restarting and upping the volts. And it's in my basement, Remote desktop.

But im sure this benchie is enough to be king of the budget!!!
dually226.JPG

Attachments

• dually226.jpg
    dually226.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 594
next try

$45 1700+ AMD XP
$39 biostar M7nCG400 refurb from newegg
$37 Kingmax PC2700 newegg

TOTAL
$121

Add in

$20 for powersupply
$11 heatsink Nice and hot @ 65 with F@H running!!
$0 3.2 HD salvaged from a trade in computer.

$152 for a killer F@H folding rig. Who needs a case!!!

Plus over 9000 in sisoft. I can probably get more mhz out of it when it goes in the basement, Kinda hot in this room.

realcheap.JPG

Tedinde said:
next try

$45 1700+ AMD XP
$39 biostar M7nCG400 refurb from newegg
$37 Kingmax PC2700 newegg

TOTAL
$121

Add in

$20 for powersupply
$11 heatsink Nice and hot @ 65 with F@H running!!
$0 3.2 HD salvaged from a trade in computer.

$152 for a killer F@H folding rig. Who needs a case!!!

Plus over 9000 in sisoft. I can probably get more mhz out of it when it goes in the basement, Kinda hot in this room.

[ IMG]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tedinde/photogallery/XFpics/realcheap.JPG[/IMG]
wow thats impressive Ted. 9k mips with an ultra cheap setup.

I F@H my *** off. Gotta build them cheap!!! Almost to 200k on F@H in a year!!! And i dont work for a big business!!! These are rigs i built putting out the points.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_members.php?TeamID=3365

Gotta look for those refurbs and cheap ram!!! Long gone are the Mid $40 DLTC 1700+ AMD chips!! :( That will clock to the moon!!

It was good while it lasted as you all will agree, Oops intel forum, sorry!!!

Tedinde said:
I F@H my *** off. Gotta build them cheap!!! Almost to 200k on F@H in a year!!! And i dont work for a big business!!! These are rigs i built putting out the points.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_members.php?TeamID=3365

Gotta look for those refurbs and cheap ram!!! Long gone are the Mid $40 DLTC 1700+ AMD chips!! :( That will clock to the moon!!

It was good while it lasted as you all will agree, Oops intel forum, sorry!!!
quite true. your system is on par with my dually 1700+ i built for about 375 dollars total with a nice case and 530W fortron. :)

got a large number of good deals building that.

Hah someone with a new 530 fortron, been looking for this answer, I use fortrons for everything now, Tired of generics and their 350watters are sweet, around $30 and all 3 adjustable pots.

question is, the 530 is brand new, found one review but no mention of the pots inside.

Have you cracked yours open for any adjustments?? I need that 3.5v+ on my 3.3v line. My TTGI and Antec cant hold up over 4ghz on the 3.3v line for some reason, and around 4.2ghz, my 3.3v drops below 3. No adjustment:(

They in there or what??

i haven't opened it up and i will admit i'm no psu guru.

i've got it sitting on the table here.. what am i to look for? just some knobs? will it be pretty obvious?

Dont open your supply if you dont have to for me. Inside there are 3 adjustable pots, only like a small screwdriver will fit them. Usually Blue with a small white platic Know on top, or Metal with a black adjustment on top. or could be any color

Looks like what the red arrow is pointing too, small, if it has 3 of these inside all 3 voltages are adjustable.

But again, do not open your supply and void your warranty to just answer this question for me. Im ordering one anyway.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 756
Back