• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$350 system performance challenge!!! beat this!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how's this?

fortron1.jpg

fortron2.jpg

there are 5 pots to adjust. i assume 2 are for the 2 fans and the other 3 are power related.

Warranty?? whats that? :D

Yes the top circuit board is for the fans i have them on my other fortrons, the the other 3 are for 5v 3.3v and 12v.

Fortron has some killer HS in there on all their supplies. Amd antec true 550 cant handle it or a ttgi isnt handleing me either!!!

Mind if i borrow your pics for xtremesystems Maxvla for the forums. We've been wondering?

Tedinde said:
Yes the top circuit board is for the fans i have them on my other fortrons, the the other 3 are for 5v 3.3v and 12v.

Fortron has some killer HS in there on all their supplies. Amd antec true 550 cant handle it or a ttgi isnt handleing me either!!!

Mind if i borrow your pics for xtremesystems Maxvla for the forums. We've been wondering?
sure enough. i'm a member there as well, just not as active :)

mind linking me when you post it?

fortron3.jpg

Just some input for Maxvla, Tedinde and the rest: When you OC PSU rails, you should consider these aspects:

1. Components on your mobo, CPU, Chipset, MosFet, Hardisk, CD-ROM will get hotter due to increase voltage, so keep it sane. Additional 5% for 12V and 5V are considered MAX. (12.6V and 5.25V). Remember that current design of P4 mobo takes CPU power from 12V. So, in other words, when you set 1.700V VCORE in Bios, there is possibility the mobo gives more voltage than 1.700V. It could be as high as +0.2V !!! especially when your mobo overvolts like Asus.

2. 3.3V rails can be increase to 3.6V ( 9% ) and definetely boost DDR performance. This is WOW effect !!!

3. In some unexpected situation, you will wandering around why losing stability after doing the mod. This problem is cause by heat on MosFet and any other chips. Relax.... just add small heatsink and epoxy it. You could add fans blowing to these hot components.

4. From OC point of view? yess.... you get the highest possible MHz for every components in a PC: CPU, Chipset, GPU, Memory.

Okay then, anyone else got el-cheapo system to beat?? Congrats to AMD guy ..... you beat me with double AMD brains ..... damn..... :mad: :mad: :D :D

Attachments

• hotspot.jpg
    hotspot.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
You did see my single AMD cpu also didnt you over 9k in sisoft for in the $120's right.

Just pushing you harder, there's some more left in your chip!!!:D

2. 3.3V rails can be increase to 3.6V ( 9% ) and definetely boost DDR performance. This is WOW effect !!!

Yes i've heard you can get good ddr numbers. with some more volts.
295fsb%20hyperx222.JPG

And my Sig board doesnt change much with overvolting the 12v to the cpu. And pushing over 4ghz my 3.3v drops bad.

Most of us mod the board for stability, not the PS anyway. Only reason we are interested in the pots on the PS, is if they are low to beging with, and then adding some more volts to the 3.3.

My BH-5 memory for benching i run the memory @ 3.55v. My board is Volt modded.

This is OC forums, and the other place is Xtremesystems we are posting in. Everyone's volt modded here and there!!!

Your warnings and input on upping the volts is a good idea to the less informed before they just start turning the volts up.

Teddy.... so you moderating in this forum too??

about the fan, it's modified stock intel so it runs 3800rpm all the time.

attachment.php

asw7576 said:
Teddy.... so you moderating in this forum too??

about the fan, it's modified stock intel so it runs 3800rpm all the time.

attachment.php

TY, i've always had good luck with stock intel, they do a good job for getting them for free with the cpu. Never ran them faster though. How much does it help.

Nah im no mod here. But im just about everywhere!!! And the cheapest guy around!!!, That why i love your competion!!! I can squeeze a penny with the best of them!!!:D

I cant sqeeze more out of the amd single without strapping on a at least $40 worth of cooling on it.

So you win the single race!!! Fair enough.

But then it is - 6 celsius outside here on the eastcost where i live. Maybe i can open that windows and the that couple hundred more in sisoft!!!!

Let me go find my jacket!!!!hehe:D

its on again!!!!:D

Tedinde said:
But then it is - 6 celsius outside here on the eastcost where i live. Maybe i can open that windows and the that couple hundred more in sisoft!!!!

Let me go find my jacket!!!!hehe:D

its on again!!!!:D
laugh.gif

/me grabs his jacket.. its getting cold in this thread!

Yeah outside, I did the conversion, We measure in Farenheit here usually, I wouldnt know Celsius if it wasnt for computer temps!!!!

Still gotta add in the windchill also, that's just the temp!!! Gonna Benching time @ midnight!!!

cold.JPG

who's complaining about -11c? I had -32c during the day for a week and its still in the -20c's. Such sissyness when it comes to temps :p.

gamefoo21 said:
who's complaining about -11c? I had -32c during the day for a week and its still in the -20c's. Such sissyness when it comes to temps :p.
0 farenheit is really cold here in oklahoma.

i bet you guys never have 110 degree days with 80% humidity ;) thats the real fun :(

Back