• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$350 system performance challenge!!! beat this!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Where did you pickup your cpu from, can you get the d1 stepping which overclocks like a beauty. Too bad its not ht. Do you recomend any other beauties from intel that overclock smothly.

Heh...should've read this thread first. Must be not too uncommon for these "lower-end" P4s to o/c so well.

No quiet up to 3.4, but less money for 3.1G. It might go a little higher but this motherboard gets errors like crazy with PC3200.

Refurb. Albatron 845PE Pro II Silver ED. $39
Refurb 2.0G P4 D1 stepping(copperbased $89
Intel heatsink, 155fsb, 1.575V)
512 MB Crucial PC 2700(had A long time) $70
running around 380, default settings
Total $198

Yeah luck had a big part in this deal.

I got mine from the newegg.com refurbished section. I don't know of any pattern to getting these P4 2G D1 steppings. I think it is just luck when you get one. The best gamble would be newegg.com or any other large seller who handle a large volume of processors. I originally bought the motherboard and processor to build a folding rig. I expected to get an overclock around 2.5G. Sometimes you get lucky and everything falls into place, even the old crucial PC2700 overclocked great for me. I don't know why but this computer really seems faster than you would expect with very good 3dmarks.

fortron3.jpg

what I found is that red = 3.3v and the fushia colored (not red) is BOTH the 12v and 5v rail. srry if this has already been told.

Last edited:
Crazy overclocking. Can I ask a question please, I do see that D1 are good overclockers, but there are different steppings, theres is C1, M0, D0 are these also good overclockers. Also where can I find a cheap D1 to overclock.
Thanks

It's a little late, but here's my challenge

2.4C SL6WF off the forums $110

MSI Neo2-PFS $80

Geil DDR466 $110

----------------------------------
$300

SandraSep292004.jpg

BTW, my 1.8A did 3.2 on 1.6V, but I don't have any bench pics anymore..... nice oc's guys.

AMD MObile 2500+ $100 Canadian
ABIT NF7 $80 Canadian
Corsair Value Select 512MB PC-3200 DDR400 SDRAM $110 Canadian
TT Volcano $20 Canadian

=$310 Canadian

with that setup i am able to hit 2.6 ghz with 12 multi stable 1.7 vcore
Ram 11,3,3,2.5

@ threadstarter

Looks like another hell of an 2.0A overclock. Mine would boot windows at 3.8Ghz (190FSB), could you try that? I had to pinmod it to 1.9v though. It was prime stabile at 3.6Ghz, 1.8v

Could of bought a amd64 2800+ for $20 more going on newegg prices.
Cracking overclock, are they cut down 800fsb northwoods?or summat.

Back