• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$350 system performance challenge!!! beat this!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gamefoo21 said:
who's complaining about -11c? I had -32c during the day for a week and its still in the -20c's. Such sissyness when it comes to temps :p.

Canada is always cold!!! But what sucks is it also hit's over 100 degrees or close to 40C in the summer with 100% humidity.

Maxvla said:

0 farenheit is really cold here in oklahoma.

i bet you guys never have 110 degree days with 80% humidity ;) thats the real fun :(

You should live in Wisconsin! If we ever have two days that are alike... I can't complain though, hell must have froze over. We don't get nearly as cold as we use to.

BTW last year in December we had temps go from about 50 to 0 in like 2 days.

Tedinde said:

Canada is always cold!!! But what sucks is it also hit's over 100 degrees or close to 40C in the summer with 100% humidity.

I know how that feels. Our Humidity sucks up here too and I aint nearly that far up their.

good job on that 2.0A, i have a C1 stepping and i can post at 3.55, but fully prime95 stable at 3.44.

currently testing my 2.4c m0 chip... not very impressive so far..hehe (compare to my 2.0a)

Back to the original topic of what can be built for $350... these are new components that are currently available to anyone... not trying to take anything away from the thread starter because he got a great O/C... just saying for that price there are lots of options...

2.4C SL6Z3 M0 stepping for $164 at zipzoomfly.

Abit IS7-E for $80 at newegg.

Kingston HyperX PC3000 RAM 2X256 MB dual channel kit for $108 at newegg.

Ok... so total is $352... I'm $2 over budget. I personally have the same exact components except instead of the IS7-E mobo I have the IC7 (see signature). I'm Prime stable at 3.56 gig and can run pretty good at 3.6 gig. I've even got a max blast of 3.7 gig (not stable, but fun to get a screenshot anyway).

Of course it's okay batboy..... It's not a big deal when someone successfully passed my 3.6GHz mark. It's just a game.... and I'm sure somebody will break this record within short period, and so other people. All I want to say, keep the cost minimum.

asw7576 said:
Of course it's okay batboy..... It's not a big deal when someone successfully passed my 3.6GHz mark. It's just a game.... and I'm sure somebody will break this record within short period, and so other people. All I want to say, keep the cost minimum.
3.6?

i thought you were up to 3.7?

No Maxvla..... you can keep the pop corn for weekend with girlfriend. I tested it 185FSB 3.7Ghz with 1.550V and 1.600V. It loads Windows XP but not stable after that. It freezed randomly every 1-2-3 minutes..... That what I wrote in xtreme forums.

Okay... if you insist to take a bech shot at 3.7GHz, can I change HSF ? or give me some time to tweak my mobo.

um. ok. i'm not sure what popcorn and girlfriends have to do with clockspeed but whatever you like.

i'm not insisting anything. i just saw you had been at 3.7 and your 3.6 comment drew my interest.

Maxvla said:
um. ok. i'm not sure what popcorn and girlfriends have to do with clockspeed but whatever you like.

i'm not insisting anything. i just saw you had been at 3.7 and your 3.6 comment drew my interest.

I'm refering to your sarcastic jokes in xtreme forum: you want to eat pop corn while watching me benching at 3.7GHz :D :D

Nice girl in your avatar.

asw7576 said:

I'm refering to your sarcastic jokes in xtreme forum: you want to eat pop corn while watching me benching at 3.7GHz :D :D

Nice girl in your avatar.
i wasn't being sarcastic. it was a competition between you and Ted and i was going to sit back and enjoy the show like i was watching a movie/sporting event.

yes she is isn't she ;)

Tedinde...im just curious why you spend all this money on building computers just to run f@h on them? Do you do anything else with them or just spend the hundred to build computer to fold proteins?

I'm totally confused about the whole seti/folding concept

Yea that avatar is great...hehe (couldn't help but to comment on it)

Why get a 2.4C when the 2.6C is only about $10 more?

asw7576 said:
No Maxvla..... you can keep the pop corn for weekend with girlfriend. I tested it 185FSB 3.7Ghz with 1.550V and 1.600V. It loads Windows XP but not stable after that. It freezed randomly every 1-2-3 minutes..... That what I wrote in xtreme forums.

Okay... if you insist to take a bech shot at 3.7GHz, can I change HSF ? or give me some time to tweak my mobo.

Can i change My HSF also. I have a little better one!!!:D Home made dry ice contianer $15 total. and 10lbs of dry ice is $5 1/2 mile from my house.

This contest was doomed from the start, relies to much on honesty. Mine are though.

captain_sHiFTy said:
Tedinde...im just curious why you spend all this money on building computers just to run f@h on them? Do you do anything else with them or just spend the hundred to build computer to fold proteins?

I'm totally confused about the whole seti/folding concept

Yes so are all of us F@H junkies, we dont know why we do it. Some for the race, Some cause friends and loved one's died from cancer or whatever reason we just feel it's a good cause.

My F@H rigs i do use for customers computers, I call it stress testing before they get them. I usually build a lot of AMD, buy the chips OEM. I do a lot of upgrades, Most of my SDRAM boards turn in to f@H rigs, I have a lot of ram around for upgrades, and no sense letting CPU's sit there and do nothing in a tray.

I admit it costs me a lot of electric. When i need CPU's i'll hit the farm.

Man i still cant explain why i do it now that im really thinking about it.???:confused:

I'll be breaking 200k in ponts and close to 10k WU's done.

I think i just like the competition mostly, Kinda why i jumped on this tread.

I can outdo the 9.2k he posted for half. But I decided to let someone else have some glory. Im not greedy. And im not going to go overboard on this. the rigs were next to me i used for this competition and im used to doing stuff cheap.

I believe asw7576 3.6 OC even though I dont want too, really hard to believe on a stock HS?? He should really post a screenie. Why he doesnt i dont know??

But who cares anymore, I posted the duallie, and it killed this competion like i said.

Now pass the popcorn please!!!!!:D

Get your pop corn now and watch...... :D :D

( thank to ted for hosting my pics )

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

asw. can you explain how your stock intel cooler is getting 29c load temps on a 3.65ghz processor?

Maxvla said:
asw. can you explain how your stock intel cooler is getting 29c load temps on a 3.65ghz processor?

don't know..... but CPU temp. will jump to 50C at max. loads

I have crazy one for you:

See the attachment: P4 1.8A @ 2610 with 1.550V. CPU temp. will jump only up to 33C max loads !!! while mobo temp. reach 43C
:eek: :eek:

Attachments

• 2610d.jpg
    2610d.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Back