• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8150 Overclocking CPU/Memory ect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shr3k

Hey guys,

I just built my amd rig,

Amd 8150 Bulldozer (Wish I had gone 8120 now)
Asus M5A99X EVO 990X
G-Skill 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RipjawsZ
Ati HD 7850 2GB
Corsair H80

5 x Akasa Viper, 2 for the radiator, 1 front in, 1 side in, 1 top out

I'm running a 1000w OCZ Gold PSU and currently using a coolermaster 430 windowed case, easier to transport to lan's ect than a huge case.

Early days yet but kinda wishing I had gone 8120, cheaper but similar overclocks and wish I had saved for a better gpu but so far happy.

Modded the Stock AMD 8150 cooler and stuck it on the 7850, pushed clocks as high as voltage would let me, so graphics overclocking is done.

Just need some help with Processor/Memory overclocking as so far every attempt I have done seamed to boot fine and benchmark in overdrive with just the 8 cpu tests, but as soon as i run prime it fails.

Cheers

If skype is easier mines shr3k1989

Please post pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will give us loads of info about your system and its settings.

Are you wanting help with the 7850 or the 8150? It's not clear from your first post.

Please post pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will give us loads of info about your system and its settings.

Are you wanting help with the 7850 or the 8150? It's not clear from your first post.

The graphics card is overclocked and I am very happy with it, It is now limited by the vcore which cannot be increased by either the asus tool or as far as I can tell any other modification.

I would like help with overclocking the amd 8150!

Here are the cpu-z tabs requested:

CPUzCpu1.jpg

CPUzMem1.jpg

CPUzSpd1.jpg

Some observations:

1. Your ram frequency is too high.
2. Looks like you still have the "green" stuff enabled. When overclocking the FX CPUs its a good idea to disable Cool N Quiet, C1E, and Turbo and then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. The green stuff tends to cause instability in the higher overclock ranges.

Attachments

• ram.JPG
    ram.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 116
Some observations:

1. Your ram frequency is too high.
2. Looks like you still have the "green" stuff enabled. When overclocking the FX CPUs its a good idea to disable Cool N Quiet, C1E, and Turbo and then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. The green stuff tends to cause instability in the higher overclock ranges.

Yep, The bios is currently stock again,

Highest I have had so far is 5ghz, in windows, running applications but wouldnt bench, voltage at 1.5v

Ill get some mroe cpu-z of near stable, not sure if it was memory limiting or something

If you are going to run your ram in XMP ranges you will definitely need to set your timings manually, particularly the Command Rate (CR). Right now it appears to be on 1T when the CPU-z SPD pic shows it needs to be on 2T. That in and of itself will make your system very unstable. Some motherboards will have XMP auto settings but most will not and when you run the ram at those XPM overclocked settings you need to set the timings manually.

Back