• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 9000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't see many 4.7ghz selling at that price, and at $200 per 100mhz over the 4.4ghz version its a ludicrous price tag, looks to be more of a collectors edition than a viable CPU

Holy crap $965 you could almost get a i7 3970x which would surely clobber the hell out of any AMD

Still wanting to see benches though.

I know I am not in the market for one of these ....... I'll wait for Piledriver.

RB Computing is a touch on the more expensive side around here ...... my guess is you can save a bit once other shops has them as well.

if the 95xx costs like this, steamroller will have a cost also, it looks like it's intel time.

For Sale Mandrake's FX 9590 AKA 8350, runs 4700 24/7 @ 1.46 will do 5.4 for benching. I'll take $900.00 shipped :ty: :borg: ;)

if the 95xx costs like this, steamroller will have a cost also, it looks like it's intel time.
Never happen CD they wouldn't sell enough for it to be viable to even make the steamroller if they priced it that high.

Disclamer: All sales in this post are for joking purposes only. :D

Pft, slower and more expesive than the competition.... Come on AMD, you're the guys that tought us during the A64 days that clock speed means jack.

I doubt rather seriously that AMD is going anywhere real soon. They are trying to make some money off those that don't know or don't care what is really what. Nothing wrong with making a dollar I don't suppose. It is said a sucker born a minute. Maybe and maybe not.

We see enough users come into the AMD section with near garbage boards for overclocking wanting to do just that. So there has to be a market for the outrageous idea.

I followed a long thread for a good while. It started before Bulldozer even was released to the public. Some sharp peeps in the thread and from what I could understand, AMD would have to REDO major parts of the FX series to really pump up the performance for us DIY types. I just don't see them having the funding for such a remodeling. Again, maybe and maybe not. Steamroller if it or equivalent sees the light of day, we will then have a better idea.
RGone...

I got an email from AMD last night that these are available via boutique system builders now in case anyone feels like getting raked over the coals.

Yawn.

Unfortunately, the technology flows to where the money is and vice verse. The chip manufacturers are making money in portable electronics, ie phones, tablets etc... Amd with their limited resources are probably not going to try and re-invent the wheel and have some super chip that blows away Intel in desktops, as we have seen and have been told. We can only hope that the design of the Bulldozer/Piledriver can keep improving and the the steamroller will be better. Unless some miraculous change happens and "PC" become the hot item to have again, it seems as if this is the way of the future for us enthusiasts.

I got an email from AMD last night that these are available via boutique system builders now in case anyone feels like getting raked over the coals.
I'd like to see what the P-State of these chips are.

IF the 9590 would have been 400$ i would have been all over that, but 900$ ? F that. With adequate cooling i think i could take my 8350 that far....

In case you guys didn't see it, here is our review of the FX-8350, which had 4.9 GHz results, on all cores. This CPU doesn't get all four cores at 5 GHz, it's max tubro, so only half the cores will go to 5.0 GHz.

The FX-8350 is a good CPU at a good price. I like AMD, I think that CPU is perfect at its price point. No, it won't trounce Intel - especially at power efficiency - but nobody should feel bad about considering going that route. The FX-9590 is a good CPU at what's rumored to be a horrible price.

I've gone to all of the system builder pages AMD linked to and, while they claim availability, not one of them has these listed in their configurations. I would like to confirm the price difference before passing judgement, but if these are anywhere near (or even within $500 of) $900, this is a CPU for suckers.

The FX-9370 (4.4/4.7 vs. the 9590's 4.7/5.0) isn't too bad and is supposed to come in at $350'ish. That one I can actually see. I'd still get an FX-8350, but that's not too bad. The FX-9590 is no-way-in-hell high.

Not that either of these are going to be available through many main retail/etail channels, so the point is kind-of moot anyway.

Found it at PC Superstore the price is still 920$ But out of stock. Same as CDW , Found 2 with a price drop to 877$ I'm getting tempted. All are unavailable right now though so I'll have to wait I guess. :cry::cry::rofl:

@Johan ...... Acording top a some what reliable source they have then in stock at the warehouse with possible release date of the 16th ..... Could be why everypone is out of stock, they are just waiting for the 16th.

Back