• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T - Cooling Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wulfuhrier

Registered
With the system Setup i have listed below...

:shrug: What CPU cooler would you recommend for Overclocking and quiet as hell for a AMD Phenom II x6 1055T - 2.8GHz, 3.3Ghz Turbo Core??

Right now i have the stock cooler and not OC'd yet. Wanting to go as high as 3.0Ghz for this system. (Mentioned Here)

so ANY HELP, suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I'd like to go the not so cheap rout but not so expensive either. If i have to shell out a little bit that's fine by me. :thup:

I do a lot of Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Expression Web (for web page coding), AutoDesk AutoCAD & Revit Architecture 2010. So my system would need to be able to kick a$$. I sometimes run these programs at the same time and get lag and or BSOD. I just want to tweak it, forget it and not have to worry about it ever.

Please Help, Thanks :D

Oorah! :salute:

MoBo: MSI 880GM-E43 (MS-7596 v1.3) Bios: AMI 7596v2B
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T (Thuban) - 2.8GHz, 3.3Ghz Turbo Core
RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ (9,9,9,24,1T)
Video: HIS HD 5670 IceQ 1GB (128bit) GDDR5 PCIe v2.0 x16
HDD: (C:\) WD 500GB Sata & (D:\) WD 1TB Sata
ATAPI: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS50 & SONY DVD RW DRU-540A
Sound: Onboard - ATI SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller
NIC: Onborad - Realtek 10/100/1000 Ethernet NIC
PSU: Extreme mn: RSY-645 450W P4 ATX 24PIN
Case: Novatech Galaxy III

Attachments

• CPU.jpg
    CPU.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 827
  • Memory.jpg
    Memory.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 780
  • SPD.jpg
    SPD.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 774
Last edited:
Noctua D14 if your case has enough clearance to the side panel. At least 8" across outside measurement should do it. The D14 is a big cooler with quiet fans. What make and model case do you have?

Your current instability might be because your running your 1600 mhz rated ram at 1600 mhz. That's probably the XMP or overclocked rating and besides, the AMD integrated memory controller is only rated for 1333 mhz. With the kind of software apps you are running you would probably benefit from more ram but lowered to 1333 mhz.

Noctua D14 if your case has enough clearance to the side panel. At least 8" across outside measurement should do it. The D14 is a big cooler with quiet fans. What make and model case do you have?

I wish i knew :confused: Doesn't have any m/n or serial anywhere on it :bang head Though it looks like it would have the clearance but knowing would def help...

Ok! After some searching around :D it seems that i have an exact but older version of the Novatech Galaxy III Case with an Extreme 450W PSU. It's probalbly the Galaxy II. The only difference is that my LED's are red and i removed the 90mm case fan from the side see through door and moved it to the front of the case as an air intake to direct cool air across my HDD's & installed a 120mm rear exhaust fan.

There Dimensions are: 410 x 200 x 480mm (HxWxD)

Hope this helps :D

Oorah! :salute:

200mm, convert it. Is it 8" deep?

Not quite wide enough for the 120 mm fan-based tower coolers. 8" is about 203 mm. Either go for water or a 92 mm fan-based tower cooler. Or, get a wider case.

Not quite wide enough for the 120 mm fan-based tower coolers. 8" is about 203 mm. Either go for water or a 92 mm fan-based tower cooler. Or, get a wider case.

cant go water cooler because this case doesn't have the port holes for it :( And can you elaborate on 92mm fan-based cooler... Do you have and suggestions to which ones would be better for an AM3 Phenom II x6 Core CPU where I'm trying to OC to 3.4GHz? :shrug:

Back