• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and AMD FX 8350 OC help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did that Johan. Check few posts up. Everything was on auto. And it set it to 9-9-9-24-33 and ran prime and it failed after 7mins.

It's starting to look to me as if we can have one or the other at this point. I bet if you drop the NB back down the ram will run and we'll pass P95 with it at 15xx

That is logical. What if i left(adjusted it with fsb and lowered multi) the memory at 1333 and try getting the cpu higher?

I was thinking of backing the NB down a bit to say 2400 and see what we can do with that. So that would put the FSB around 220 probably

Yeah with fsb at 220 nb is 2420. And memory at 1172 or one bump higher would be 1466. Should i raise the multi to 20.5 from 19.5?

Ya we'll keep the CPU speed constant if we can. Leave the NB voltage at 1.28 though for now and set the 999 timings on the ram and giver a go.

25min in P95 and it is all okay. Here are the settings on the pics. Btw it selected it on Auto those timings.

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 253
  • Mem.PNG
    Mem.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 261
  • HWmon.PNG
    HWmon.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 263
Well I don't think we're going to get a whole lot of speed out of it from this point on if you notice that your core is sitting around 55 already. You can try that again with the NB volts back at 1.25 if you like to see if we can get a bit of headroom.

I will try dropping it down to see if this will pass. But you are right. I doubt i will be able to raise the multi by 0.5 to get to 4.6. Sadly gotta run for a bit to do some business related stuff. I'll try it as soon as i am back

Alright Nenad, as an alternative to dropping the NB volts you can also try raising the ram speed by one.

Sorry for being afk and not replying. Workload is insane... I should catch some breath on Friday and finally try the last fine tuning we can do Johan.

25min in P95 and it is all okay. Here are the settings on the pics. Btw it selected it on Auto those timings.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7659045&postcount=227

This looks better. Could be running Cas 8-9-9-24-33 1T. You may need to apply more than 1.5v ram to get there. 1.65v is a pretty common DDR3 voltge, probably won't hurt them sticks any.

HT you can bump one multiplier and it should be fine as well. No reason to have it underclocked like it is not; stock is 2600mhz.

Cpu clocks are good. 50mhz here and there, you'll never notice, go with what's stable.

Sorry for being afk and not replying. Workload is insane... I should catch some breath on Friday and finally try the last fine tuning we can do Johan.

Sure Nenad, I've been doing some digging on that kingston ram.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7659045&postcount=227

This looks better. Could be running Cas 8-9-9-24-33 1T. You may need to apply more than 1.5v ram to get there. 1.65v is a pretty common DDR3 voltge, probably won't hurt them sticks any.

HT you can bump one multiplier and it should be fine as well. No reason to have it underclocked like it is not; stock is 2600mhz.

Cpu clocks are good. 50mhz here and there, you'll never notice, go with what's stable.

I think you were headed in the right direction with the CPU_NB volts. From what I have read lately even with the 1600 kingston it appears to need 1.3-1.35v on the CPU_NB for everything to work together.
Only problem is the added heat it causes.

Hey guys, I wanted to say i am very sorry for going awol. I had a major family issue and i kinda just put everything else on stop. Counting in the hours of OCing and tweaking. Wanted to thank everyone who helped me. Especially Johan for his patience and help. Hopefully stuff will sort out here soon and able to pick up where we left off.
Sorry once again it took me this long to type anything.

Hey thanks for popping in buddy. I was beginning to think I had scared you off or something. Sorry bout your misfortune and hope things work out for you. Good luck Nenad

guyz if u could help me too
my specs are
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0 - CPU:AMD Fx 8320 GPU: Sapphire VGA R9 380v2 Nitro Dual OC 4GB- RAM: 2x2GB+2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz - Cooler: Corsair H80- PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX Series 750w - Case: Zalman Z9 - Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster LD220HD -Speakers: Edifier 4.1 -Keyboard & Mouse: Microsoft & Hama Urage Illuminated

i have o.c. 8320 to 4.3 with currently settings
Cpu LLC : High
NB LLC : High
Cpu current cap : 130%
Dram: 130%
Cpu Multiplier : 20x
Bus Speed: 200mhz
Ht link/NB Freq : Auto
Cool&Quiet : Disable
C1E : Disable
SVM : Disable
Core C6 State : Disable
HPC mode : Enable
Cpu Cpectrum : Disable
Vcore :1.3V
Max Temp Cpu : 62 Celcius
Max Temp Vcore1 : 58 Celcius

i have ran prime couple times for 8 hours,and it seems stable BUT one time i noticed that from 4.3ghz dropped to 3.7 and 3.2ghz..
on gamez some times drops from 4.3 to 4.1 and then 3.8...
these i have noticed from hwmonitor..
Also my temps on vrm are ok,it drops ghz for example while vrm temp are aroun 45Celcius...So it doesnt have to do with temps..
In HWinfo seems the sames not at the same time...and noticed that multiplier doesnt dropp but bus clock of cpu+nb has dropped..
so my question is why?
i think that isnt throttling but i dont know the reason...
thought maybe is my mobo but i dont wanna to believe it...
do u have any idea?

i would like to note that its times that while playing dont have any drop for hours but also there are times that in an hour can take me to 3.8 or 4.1...but i dont see any framedrop on gamez
P.S. power option in windows are set on perfomance

Last edited:
you have some of the "green" features turned on.
go into bios, advanced tab, cpu configuration, turn off the power saving features, CO2 is good, we like to eat,

neokosmitis, if you really want help start your own thread in the AMD cpu section. A lot of times these old threads do not get many responses.

Back