• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and AMD FX 8350 OC help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya that's the one. I think if this fails I want you to take that previous screenshot you posted from the bios of the ram timings at 1333 and set them in you bios for this speed. Evn now I noticed that the CL8 timings are tighter than the SPD shown from CPU-z

19mins in the test now. And all is looking good. I tried with CPU/NB at 1.25V but that failed. And bumped it to 1.28V and it's going for now. Gonna leave it to finnish 2nd round of testing.

Cool beans Nenad. I'm still going to get you to change the timings to the 9-9-9- afterwards though. That way we'll see if we can speed it up a bit.

Sure thing mate. What's the next step we try? Another NB bump to see if it would work on 26xx?
Btw i forgot that i had HT link at 2760 and now its on 2530. >.>

No I think for now that the NB is good where it is. The next step the same 2760 and we've had enough difficulty wher it is. I would like to see what the temps are doing here though. Then we'll see if we can up the speed a bit on the core maybe or just try to get some speed up on the ram.

Prime test was a success after 33min. I think temperatures are good atm. Around 8-9degrees space on package temp's. Here are the screen shots Johan. x) Waiting to hear your opinion.

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    47.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Mem.PNG
    Mem.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 96
  • HWmon.PNG
    HWmon.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 96
OK let's try the ram at the next speed up but first try to loosen a couple timings. If this doesn't work we'll drop to the CAS 9 but I think it's worth a shot. Try 8-8-8-24-32 2T and see if it'll run P95 at the higher ram speed.

I didn't think it was going to fly but thought it was worth a shot. I'd like you to set the ram now to the 9-9-9-24-33 settings and give that a whirl

Sure it won't hurt. If we can get things to run I'm going to have you bump up the FSB 1 at a time after that so the ram speed will increase 2T is good

Can you take a shot of the timings for me again I want to see what it's doing when the rest are on auto, I don't need to see the top with the 9-9-9 just the rest of them so I only need the one shot.

I just litearly did that while waiting for reply and went to set it all on auto. It set 9-9-9-24-33 which we set manually as well. I ran P95 again to see what happens when on auto. 5 minutes into the test still no worker failed. I'll go to bios asap when test finnishes or fails to post you the screen shot.

So you set 9-9-9- or you set that to auto as well?? Maybe this is the way we have to go. I was just trying to keep some decent ram timings. We can always work on it last .

To auto as well at 1532 mem speed it set it to 9-9-9. Prime failed after 7 mins. Taking that screen shot now for you, I'll edit this post in a minute

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 96
OK right after the 24 can you set the 5-4-5- to 6-5-6 set the 24 to 26 and row cycle time to 35 with 2T command then leave the rest at auto and test it. And recovery time to 12

OK well how about you leave it all on auto set not timings and see what it comes up with on it's own. Don't be surprised if it comes up with 11s

Back