• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and AMD FX 8350 OC help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice man! x) We are very friendly! xD It is annoying thought how little choice of certain PC parts we have. And then on what we have, prices are just converted 1:1 from US dollar to Euro...and thats just super duper annoying :(

Ya they're hilarious and love their liquor, That sucks about the prices but I think a lot of Europe is like that.

Just for grins, If it where my set up.... I'd post Ram on auto.. see what it posts the ram for 667mhz (effective) -- should be like 9-9-9x-x 1T stock volts.

Then run the reference clock up as high as the ram will go with 9-9-9 settings and stick with that. You'll get a better response from that Cas 9 and 900+mhz under 1.7v.

Actually that was kind of what I had in mind S_B . Which reminds me Nenad when you up the FSB you'll need to drop the ram back to 1333 with whatever default timings the board assigned for now till we see what if anything we can do with the NB speed.

About memory, check on amazon.co.uk/de or here http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/
I know they ship to most countries ( for sure Moldova ) so I bet that also to Serbia.

And then on what we have, prices are just converted 1:1 from US dollar to Euro...and thats just super duper annoying

The same is in all Euro countries. We have also additional taxes etc so at the end it's usually more than 25% higher price.
Can even compare prices in EVGA store in US and EU. The same store but everything cost more on their EU site.

Okay i flashed it back to 0803 version. Gonna take few print screens and post for you Johan while it is on defaults(typing this over my phone). x)

Here they are:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.png
    2.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.png
    3.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.png
    4.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 67
It looks like it actually set up pretty true to the SPD settings shown that's good. I do have to ask what the sticker on your ram said for timings was it 12-14-14 or CL 11 like is shown here in the SPD tab??
Either way you can start setting up your previous OC but like I said reduce the ram back to 1333 when you're done do a quick stability test again to make sure we're starting on a good footing.

About memory, check on amazon.co.uk/de or here http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/
I know they ship to most countries ( for sure Moldova ) so I bet that also to Serbia.

The same is in all Euro countries. We have also additional taxes etc so at the end it's usually more than 25% higher price.
Can even compare prices in EVGA store in US and EU. The same store but everything cost more on their EU site.

I know mate, problem is shipping is insanely costly like for http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90412607/g-skill-sniper-lv-8gb-kit-ddr3-2x4gb.asp Which is 57.9€ shipping is 26.55€ to Serbia + it will get taxed by our government since we can order below 50€ to not get taxed or 70€ if it is a gift to us from abroad. I am better off driving 100km North to Hungary and trying my luck there(i live really close to the border) where i wont have to pay the tax for them since who will find two little sticks of memory x)

It looks like it actually set up pretty true to the SPD settings shown that's good. I do have to ask what the sticker on your ram said for timings was it 12-14-14 or CL 11 like is shown here in the SPD tab??
Either way you can start setting up your previous OC but like I said reduce the ram back to 1333 when you're done do a quick stability test again to make sure we're starting on a good footing.

It is impossible to see the sticker on my ram due to Noctua being on top of them unless i take it off. But i took a pic for you from the package that they arrived in. Says CL11.
I will Johan bump it down to 1333(or closest possible to it).

Attachments

• 20140401_141758.jpg
    20140401_141758.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
Good I wanted to verify it's seeing the ram correctly, let's see how this works Nenad

Running the memory at 1230 since next one would be 15xx. I started prime. I'll let you know if it passed after ~20mins.

Last edited:
Prime blend test passed after 23mins. I ran Vcore at 1.4V as usual bumped memory to 1.65V as usual, NB was at 1.25V. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    46.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Mem.PNG
    Mem.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 64
  • SPD.PNG
    SPD.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 63
  • HWmon.PNG
    HWmon.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 64
OK try and give that NB a shot. I did notice that the ram timings changed , did you set them or was that the bios that did that.

OK try and give that NB a shot. I did notice that the ram timings changed , did you set them or was that the bios that did that.

I noticed that as well. I left them on Auto and I got the idea why they changed(Checked SPD tab on CPUz). Hopefully it is gonna be a good thing. Gonna bump NB up and try it with 1.25V on NB.

Same thing, Worker #1 stopped after 2-3 mins into the test. Should I bump CPU/NB to 1.28? Or got better idea Johan? x)

Ya give that a shot, but also in the bios I'd like you to set the actual NB and HT voltage from 1.1 to 1.2

Ya give that a shot, but also in the bios I'd like you to set the actual NB and HT voltage from 1.1 to 1.2

Okay. But i don't have any active cooling on them. Except 6 fans in the case.

No worry it's not a big increase. I actually have mine set that way all the time.

Its the NB HT voltage you ment by HT? I see it on auto already being used at 1.214V.

Back