• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and AMD FX 8350 OC help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's looking real good there Nenad. CM makes some nice cases. Also that's a nice improvement on the socket temps so we have a bit more headroom now. So we left off with trying to get the NB to 25xx right. Where did we leave the ram ?

That's looking real good there Nenad. CM makes some nice cases. Also that's a nice improvement on the socket temps so we have a bit more headroom now. So we left off with trying to get the NB to 25xx right. Where did we leave the ram ?

Ram is left at 2140 Mhz. Strangely Prime stoped again after few mins and i had that one good try at 12 mins before you went away. and bumping Voltage didn't help.
Prime is in for 1h and 10mins now really looking stable. Same temperatures. I am gonna post it in a hour. I'll go run fast to the shop. x) And then i am ready to go. Btw I installed one extra fan where Optical drive can be, so it directly intakes cold out from outside goes onto Noctua and then noctua blows it out on exhaust fan at the back. Plus large intake downstairs and one on the side. So in total with the backplate one is 6 fans + 2 on Notctua. x)

Here are the results Johan after 3h and 34mins! x)

Attachments

• HWMon.PNG
    HWMon.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Prime.PNG
    Prime.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 88
  • CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Mem.PNG
    Mem.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 86
That looks good man!! Great temps and stable I hope that one is saved Ha ha.
Let's see if we can get that NB to behave now. I know it's a big jump for the CPU_NB volts but I want you to try 1,3v and the 25xx NB and let me know. I've been doing something here my self with bios versions and I've been finding some weird results. I broke my bios last night so had to flash it anyway and decided to do the newest for my CHV-z and I can say it's totally wonky compared to the old one I was using. I have some 2400 G.Skill and it showed similar SPD results as yours.

So much for them adding "stability" with newer versions x) Okays, i'll go for it. And yeah, gonna save it! xD No more solo ESPN stuff man xD Btw do you think later on we'll be able to get it up to 4.7-4.8? x)

That's a really great overclock on air with RAM frequency that high in particular and vcore less than 1.4! Good job! I think you were blessed with a good piece of silicone.

That's a really great overclock on air with RAM frequency that high in particular and vcore less than 1.4! Good job! I think you were blessed with a good piece of silicone.

Thanks trents, couldn't have done it without Johan! x) I hope trend continues with higher clocks. And hopefully it passes now with CPU/NB up to 2500 and 1.3V!

Johan my man! It has passed after 22mins! xD CPU/NB at 2530 and 1.3V!

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Mem.PNG
    Mem.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 83
  • HWmon.PNG
    HWmon.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 82
That's rocks bud, I almost think that at this point we have a choice run prime longer and see how stable that NB is. We should make sure that it's stable before we raise the CPU clock any more. Or we won't know which is messing things up. Or we drop back to previous stable settings and go for pure Core OC potential. I'm starting to have some misgivings on the ram at 2400 TBH. I've been messing around here and it's being very stubborn. So which is it ?? I think I know he answer but it's up to you

I think i will run the longer stability test. And then if that is stable we can go raise the CPU clock and know what to fine tune if something goes bad(was this answer you were expecting? xD ). I kinda feel where my memory is now should be okay, rather then that causing us headaches as well. We can try bump it up when we finish to 2.4GHz but it is not on priority list. Where it is now is okay i think. x)
How long do you recommend for me to run Prime to make sure NB is being stable and not causing us headaches? x)

Actually I thought you'd go for the CPU clock. For the test we like a couple hours usually that gives some reassurance. When things get warm sometimes they just crash.

I am back Johan, had some emergency and didn't want to leave prime running without supervision. Running it now. Gonna leave it for 2hours or until it fails and give you feedback as soon as i have some. And i'd prefer it to be stable so we can go from there safely and go for a higher clock and be sure it wasn't because of skipping parts. x) If i am gonna OC it, better do it the right way. x)

Daaamn, Worker #1 stopped after 4min's :O Thats a bit strange. Any ideas?

Well sort of check out the Just putzen Thread here in the AMD section. I have been playing with the 2400 and I'm having difficulty here. I think for now you should drop back on the NB and we'll try some more speed if you like I have to figure this out myself. I can run the 2400 on default NB but I tried raising the nb to 2600 and I can't get the damn thing to even post.

Will check the thread. I'll try to think of something and come back to see if that is a valid assumption. Should i got back to 1.25V or 1.28V on NB? 1.28V ran with CPU/NB 2300 for 3.5h, so that one should be a stable one.

Let's go back to the 1.25v CPU_NB it worked before and try to get another multi out of the CPU. You'll probably need some volts, how much depends on your CPU. Just give it a try and if it doesn't work add a bit more. Just do a bump or two at a time with the volts and watch your temps

I went back to NB 1.25V and CPU/NB is 2300 and bumped multi by 0.5 and had workers stop on up to 1.425V on Vcore and on 1.425 my package temperatures were crazy high, already at 58 degrees and PC just froze up. Reset it and running now the same speeds as I was when i did the 3.5h test, and i am already getting higher temperatures on packages and 2 degrees higher on CPU then what I had on that test. :/

You've had the PC running for a while now so it's getting warm. Probably your room is getting warmer as well. I'm gonna have to call it quits soon. Looks like we might be getting to your limits as well. I'm going to try to figure out this memory/NB thing on my end here. Everytime I try to raise the NB with the mem at 2400 it won't boot. I've had other memory higher than that with the NB at 3000+ this is puzzling me.

Back