• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Chimp Challenge 2011: Contest Rules and Important Dates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First post updated again. The passkey is in the OP, I've given up on the whole keeping it secret thing.

Hank, in your earlier post:
Code:
User name [Anonymous]? HankB
Team Number [0]? 32

If you change the User name to T32monkeys and put in our passkey, you will then be joining in with the contest :). Start folding@home with the -configonly flag as you did before.

Thank you for the clarification. I've changed the name to T32monkeys and will continue to use my passkey. Between GPU and CPU I've now completed 5 units and (think) I should be eligible for any bonus by the time the contest starts.

I'm not sure I'm eligible for any bonus anyway since I only have a 4 core processor and do not qualify for -bigadv units. Or are there bonuses for any SMP units?

I'm using my own passkey so I can track my individual progress.

In the settings, I've chosen 'big' memory size for both CPU and GPU since this doesn't seem to use that much RAM. Does that setting have anything to do with points?

Are there other settings I can fine tune to maximize the points I earn for the team? (I'l start a separate thread for that so this thread can focus on the contest proper.)

thanks,
hank

You need to use a passkey to get quick return bonuses on normal SMP work as well, although I'm not sure if you need the 10 WUs first.

You need to use a passkey to get quick return bonuses on normal SMP work as well, although I'm not sure if you need the 10 WUs first.

You have to fold 10 WUs AFTER you add the passkey to your config to qualify for the bonus.

Thank you for the clarification. I've changed the name to T32monkeys and will continue to use my passkey. Between GPU and CPU I've now completed 5 units and (think) I should be eligible for any bonus by the time the contest starts.

GPU WUs do not count towards the bonus. Of current WUs, only a3 and a5 core SMP WUs count towards the bonus and they also happen to be the only WUs that receive the QRB.

If you were on regular SMP, would you use the monkeys passkey or your own?

If you were on regular SMP, would you use the monkeys passkey or your own?
If you have done 10 smp on your own passkey (EDIT:)and the T32monkeys name(From last Year)you'll be fine just switching the name, the T32monkeys password is also qualified since 10 have been done on it so you could us that as well. Either one.

Regular smp and bigadv both qualify after 10...Its just not sensible to do bigadv because they take so much longer. So you should always do the 10 smp on your passkey, then switch to bigadv if your rig can handle them.(After you have 10 in the kitty and qualify for the bonus)

Last edited:
If you have done 10 smp on your own passkey you'll be fine just switching the name, the T32monkeys password is also qualified since 10 have been done on it so you could us that as well. Either one.
Sorry Dave, but each user name/ passkey combination must be qualified. If you change the name to T32monkeys and use your own passkey, you will have to fold 10 WUs to qualify for the bonus. Definitely not recommended at this late date.

If you have not previously qualified your passkey with the T32monkeys user name, you either have to use the monkeys passkey or get 10 WUs done with the T32monkeys user name and your passkey before the contest starts.

Rigs switched: check

Monkey avatar: check

Can of whoop *** for MaxPC: check

Attachments

• can-of-whoop-***.jpg
    can-of-whoop-***.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 236
This bigadv I'm running is at 98% now. When it's done, do I need to wait until 12PM Pacific Daylight Time to start the next one for T32monkeys or can I just switch configs and kick it off right away?

I'd suggest switching usernames asap. Don't hold back nearly-complete workunits.

This bigadv I'm running is at 98% now. When it's done, do I need to wait until 12PM Pacific Daylight Time to start the next one for T32monkeys or can I just switch configs and kick it off right away?

Switch as soon as it's done. Be sure to change your passkey to the T32 one, or your bonus points will not be given to you, or to the team.

They are probably just testing out the stats code :)

Back