• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Chimp Challenge 2011: Contest Rules and Important Dates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, and yes.

Everything is zeroed out at Noon, today. This is the year for smaller teams, who can come out with a nice bump in their daily average points. The big teams will find it tougher, on a sliding scale. EVGA will be really fighting hard to repeat as the winner.

Alright, thanks for the explanations. The one thing that got me worried was a post in the chat saying "T32 is off to a slow start as usually" or something along those lines. Good to know the score board is reset at 12 P.M. PDT

"T32 is off to a slow start as usually"

Since we have fewer members but bigger farms on average this is how it usually goes... but we always make a strong push around the middle of the contest with a ringer or two. :D

I guess i forgot to post..........Switched the last one over last night.

i7 920 @ 4200 X 6
2600K @ 4800 X 1

Fold on peeps cool-smiley.gif

Sorry Dave, but each user name/ passkey combination must be qualified. If you change the name to T32monkeys and use your own passkey, you will have to fold 10 WUs to qualify for the bonus. Definitely not recommended at this late date.

If you have not previously qualified your passkey with the T32monkeys user name, you either have to use the monkeys passkey or get 10 WUs done with the T32monkeys user name and your passkey before the contest starts.
Yeah I'll change that...It was aimed at those of us who have already qualified the T32monkeys name and their own passkey, from last year. Which I kinda thought Klear had.

My 970 just uploaded a p6900 for 90K. The 920 has 9.5 hours to go on a p2684. Man, I hope I don't get another. This is the 6th straight one its pulled. :rain:

LETS GO TEAM!!!

Sounds like you're flinging it fast and furious, DocLiv! << as I back quietly away >> :clap:

The first update has us mid-table, just below the big teams.
Code:
	Rank	Chimp Points	Total Folding Points
Beavers_Gone_Bananas	1	1.87	434,618
maximum_monkey	2	1.41	842,012
OCNChimpin	3	1.16	1,274,776
EVGApes	4	0.64	1,408,152
TSCh!mp	5	0.58	428,943
T32monkeys	6	0.53	365,986
ChimPowerUp	7	0.50	109,587
Monkey_********	8	0.41	99,010
CustomBitChimps	9	0.20	130,951

Did you guys see CustomBitChimps was trying to time a big dump right and ended up going three hours early! I bet they thought times were EST not PST. 1.5 million points that doesn't count except for science :p

Looks like the 200K of -bigadv units I turned in today made it after the start. Not bad for no attempt at timing.

Unforunately my 970 got a 2684 right away. Going to take 2 days to finish that. But my SR-2 seems to be chugging along at almost 120K ppd.

I think the reason we may be off to a bit of a rocky start is the heavy preponderance of -bigadv users we have on this team.

I'm expecting us to improve greatly over the next 24-48 hours.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of our folders used their own passkeys, which did not have time to earn the required 10 successful work units, yet. No bonus points for them, will put us in a real fight to get back into this race.

Edit: Nope. EOC stats show many of our best folders aren't racing yet. Ack!

Last edited:
I'm lazy and didn't want to take the time away from my bigadv points to qualify a new passkey, just used the team passkey since it's already qual'd. Chewing on a 6900 that will be done in a day.

I think torin is right, we'll start turning in a lot of bigadv units over the next day or to and make good progress.

I hope so. We're sinking right now.

Poppedkernel, welcome!

We have extensive info linked to our info sticky, but if you have any questions right now, please fire away.

It can be a bit confusing.

Glad to have you with us, Bob!

We're a bit hobbled right now, and in last place in the race. Hopefully, most of our power folders will join us soon.

Back