• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Crashes when playing video...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Obviously. Great solve and thanks for posting what it was.

Obviously. Great solve and thanks for posting what it was.

No problemo. Im not sure why I didn't do this before with the driver issues.

I haven't exactly seen this issue before, is it common for bios' to have problems where they need a flash?

No problemo. Im not sure why I didn't do this before with the driver issues.

I haven't exactly seen this issue before, is it common for bios' to have problems where they need a flash?
Only time I've had issues with crashing due to the BIOS on the gpu is when I'm really laying the hammer to the Gpu when benching. Had an issue a few weeks back where the rig would make it to windows and then black screen. I thought I dorked the card because I was giving it some good volts but it turned out flashing the already modded BIOS solved the issue.

Good catch Bob glad you got it straightened out. :thup:

Is it common for bios' to have problems where they need a flash?
I am looking to see if there's an updated BIOS for my video card... I completely forgot about that and only thought about video drivers, as most people do. Technically, updating BIOS is risky business, that is why they tell you to only do it if you really need to.
I mean "nothing's gonna go wrong" but it's not totally without risk either...

Back