• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte SINXP1394

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know someone who got an A0 stepping...they aren't supposed to be very common, but they are out there.

It's been surmized that running CPU-Z can help to identify your chipset version without removing the chipset cooler. In the Mainboard tab under Chipset revision it's been noted that many 8SQ800 boards are rev 01. Most SINXP1394 boards are showing up as 10, or a Decimal 2. We know most 8SQ800 are A0 boards, so we can assume that the rev 10 can be taken as a B0.

**** I just got a SINXP1394 and cpu-z shows chipset rev as 0 :(. I got an A0 version?

flexer said:
**** I just got a SINXP1394 and cpu-z shows chipset rev as 0 :(. I got an A0 version?

That is the word...mine shows 10 as the chipset revision. That's the logic that's being followed, unless you want to remove your chipset cooler to confirm?

What memory are you running and how high do you have it?

I've found that this board does have it's own personality. Gets very friendly once you warm up to it and get to know it. Do you get any similar type of feeling?

My 2.4b c1 is now running at 174fsb at default voltage. Gets really hot running p95 though but no errors when I ran it. I need a better cooling. Using gigabyte uitility manager to increase FSB in Windoze.

It runs 54'C when running Prime95 so I chickened out :). It ran for 2 hours with no errors at 174fsb.

i assume this mobo steppign affect over clock ablity?

i did not know motherboards used a "stepping" like a CPU did.

I'm not sure how much it's affecting the OCability. I think it has more of an effect on how well HT is working with these boards. A0 doesn't officially offer HT support, but Gigabyte has apparently made a workaround for this. BO officially supports HT.

The best way to fing out if you have a B0 stepping or A0 is go into the bios and see if you have the option to enable Hyper-Threading. If you do, you've got a B0 stepping, if not, you've got an A0 stepping.

theonlybabyface:

Since I can't attach a pic yet :)
According to the manual correction I got with my GA-8SQ800 it says:

# CPU Hyper-Threading [Disabled]

"#" System will detect automatically and Show up when you install the Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with HT Technology.

That should be the same with the SINXP1394.

So unless I am wrong it will show up when you install a 3.06ghz P4.

Anyone else got this Manual Correction (single page) with their mobo?

Rick

I guess mine is AO stepping. It doesn't have the HT option in Bios. Bios is dated 1/30/2003 I think. That sucks! But I'm running my 2.4b c1 now at 175FSB at default voltage and very stable. I guess I can't complain too much.

Flexer:
That is not a BIOS thing it's a CPU thing, :) No matter which stepping you have it depends on the CPU if that option even shows up or not,, IE installing anything other than a "default" P4 3.06 that option is not going to show up in BIOS.

Cheers,
Rick

That's not true actually. The option for HT in the BIOS is for HT support. If it's not in the BIOS then you have an A0 stepping. You can't just put an HT cpu in and the BIOS option will magically appear. Just wanted to clarify.

PS- 175mhz is nothing to sneeze at...good job!!!

SINXP1394 Is definatly my favourite board ATM, check my sig. Its a B0 stepping.

EDIT: It overvolts a tad, I dont know how much exactly, I would guess mine is running 1.625 Idle and 1.6 load

penguinpoo said:
SINXP1394 Is definatly my favourite board ATM, check my sig. Its a B0 stepping.

EDIT: It overvolts a tad, I dont know how much exactly, I would guess mine is running 1.625 Idle and 1.6 load

penguinpoo, I see you took my advice and got the SINXP.... I told you that it overclocks well.........hehe......... my 2.4b C1 does 169fsb...... I wish I had one like yours....... that's a bad C1!!!!!

Radelon, Yeah took the advice! Thanks so! its an EXCELLENT board! Overclockers so well! ... What Stepping board u got, What P4 u got? Im using the set as in my sig, what you using?

Flexer, If you look up on this thread, tells you about CPU-Z or something, I just did what that said.

"SINXP1394 Gets 10/10 for overclockers!"

Back