• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greatest Game of all time and Most Underrated game ;Your nominations needed:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
alos, I don't think Call of Duty has been mentioned. It has to be up there in the ranks of online FPS's.

Greatest: Ghost Recon - This game had very good gameplay both online and offline.

Underated: Total Annhilation - Never can understand why everyone says C&C was the good ol' RTS when this thing eats them for breakfast and would take seconds for lunch. I still have TA + Add ons installed on my computer and play it from time to time. Also if you want to know the game that really started with developer support for mods, this is it.

Most underrated, favorites, FPS: Tom Clancy's Rainbow SIx 3: Raven Shield,
Driving, Gran Tourismo series for PS2. strategy: battlefield earth and civilization Flight sim: MS2004 old console atari 2600: space invaders and centipede. Man I miss the 2600 and the Commodore 64 days......

Ghost Recon and Raven Shield are both excellent games, but I think they've been outdone by Advanced Warfighter...on any platform.

mechwarrior's 3 or 4. each had its merits and i loved them both. still play MW4 time to time. i had remebered seeing the early MW style games on TV in the 80's. they were talking about this new form of gameplay where you and other people could play against each other from your own dedicated machines. they showed this arcade in texas that had 7 "cockpits" setup that ran an early MW looking game LAN style. it was revolutionary at the time, the idea of lan gaming playing against real people in that way. then, more than 10 years later i see this game "mechwarrior 2" for sale in a shop and nearly wet my pants! i didnt even have a computer at the time, but i went and bought one so i could play. its actually what got me into computers.

greatest: goldeneye (so god damn fun back in the day ^_^)
underated: total annihilation (almost as fun as sc but not as popular, i still got my total annihilation games that a friend burned for me back in 6th grade :p)

Well the good news is that Total Annhilation now has a sequel. Chris Taylor (the genius behind TA) is now finishing up "Supreme Commander", view this as TA on steriods.

Brute Force said:
Well the good news is that Total Annhilation now has a sequel. Chris Taylor (the genius behind TA) is now finishing up "Supreme Commander", view this as TA on steriods.

Greatest Game: Total Annihilation/Perfect Dark (N64).

Most underrated: Total Annihilation

Some of you have used the argument that BF2142 is simply a mod of BF2. Using this argument, every Warcraft, Starcraft, C&C game and the like are merely mods of each other. TA reinvented the genre, and Supreme Commander will reinvent it again, and hopefully drag future RTS games away from the terrible SC rock, paper, scissors.

Watch the supreme commander trailer here

PD was extremely good, neutral.

One I just thought of my underrated: Star Wars Battlefront 2

Neural Net said:
and hopefully drag future RTS games away from the terrible SC rock, paper, scissors.
Starcraft is FAR from a rock paper scissors RTS. If you want to see RPS go play Age of Mythology.

mage_x said:
Starcraft is FAR from a rock paper scissors RTS. If you want to see RPS go play Age of Mythology.

Hmmm. Ok, I do not want this thread to turn into a SC vs TA war, so this will be my last post on the subject. SC has no element of simulation in it, TA does. Lack of simulation = rock paper scissors. TA was groundbreaking, still is.

Anyway, on a different subject, I preferred Perfect Dark on the N64 over Goldeneye, anyone else agree?

Back