• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greatest Game of all time and Most Underrated game ;Your nominations needed:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mage_x said:
What is element of simulation?

Quote off the Oxford Dictionary:

Element
noun
a part or aspect of something abstract, esp. one that is essential or characteristic.

Work it out for yourself. :)

Last edited:
I think he means to imply that having lots of fanciful and cinematic battles under the guise of simulation is somehow more faithful to the RTS genre. I'll say this, if Starcraft is a "rock paper scissors RTS" then total annihlation is "risk with graphics." If you're hoping that maybe a macro focused game would lend itself to the domain of other players, I think you are mistaken, macro simply becomes the new micro.

That being said, Total Annihlation was a fresh take on the genre and this update of it could be enjoyable. I know not what causes your irrational hatred of the traditional RTS but i can assure you your charge that they lack stratagem or competitiveness is flat out wrong. They are one of the most competitively played games out there, behind the inveterate FPS.

SuperFarStucker said:
I think he means to imply that having lots of fanciful and cinematic battles under the guise of simulation is somehow more faithful to the RTS genre. I'll say this, if Starcraft is a "rock paper scissors RTS" then total annihlation is "risk with graphics." If you're hoping that maybe a macro focused game would lend itself to the domain of other players, I think you are mistaken, macro simply becomes the new micro.

That being said, Total Annihlation was a fresh take on the genre and this update of it could be enjoyable. I know not what causes your irrational hatred of the traditional RTS but i can assure you your charge that they lack stratagem or competitiveness is flat out wrong. They are one of the most competitively played games out there, behind the inveterate FPS.

It is pointless arguing about TA vs SC, it has been done to death. Leave it alone ok? If you want a end to the debate it's summed up pretty much here :beer: :rolleyes: :p

best game ever: Call of Duty 2

most underrated game: Wild Guns?

I really cant think of any underrated games, besides wild guns. Its way better than it gets credit for imo.

ninjacore said:
Yes, I'd agree on PD over goldeneye

The one thing I loved about Goldeneye and Perfect Dark is that there is no point in the game where you really go dammit why can't I find this door/key like a lot of games today. Half Life 2 is an exception of course.

I don't like games where you have to search for ages finding a way out of a building, especially games like Halo where every corridor was the same, it was like something out of the Labyrinth.

Back