• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello =D and Overclocking FX 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
alright I disabled all the options you said except for apm and epu which I dont have.And im guessing the multiplier is cpu clock ratio? its at 17.50 so increasing to 18.00?(The cpu frequency increases from 3.50 to 3.60 when I do this.And where would I add voltage at when it fails and by how much should I increase it? sorry to check and double check everything =] trying to be thorough.Thanks Johan45

That's the right option fox. When you need to add voltage ( first keep HWmonitor running when prime fails note the max voltage in the CPU Vcore line this will be your starting point) you'll need to take the voltage control off of auto in the bios and that should allow you to make changes. You'll want the CPU V-core or similar..

:D how long should I be testing in prime95 same increments of 20mins? So far im on 3.80ghz with no fail or voltage increase.What triggers it to fail btw?

It'll drop workes first. They'll just stop with errors. Trigger is unstable so you'll need more volts.

Yep, if its 20mins stable, give it another bump on freq. If it drops workers, give another bump of voltage :thup:

just finished up 4ghz with no voltage change or fail.Should I keep going :-/

lol I know I said I would be happy with getting the 4 but since I havent had to change voltage at all <_<

well to see if it's really stable you should run prime for 2 hours. If it fails in any way you'll need to add more voltage. Keep the temps below what were stated earlier in the thread.

Alright will do.Is there anything else to overclocking in that area?

You have to remember that turbo on this chips is 4.1 gig, so you really have not yet started overclocking. It will need around 1.4375 V for 4.5Gig and should be good to around 4.55 with that, any higher you will need water it starts getting warm but will do 4.7 and higher. I had mine up to 4.62 @1.45V but it was getting warm so i went back a little, it wasnt really stable, i would of had to push teh Volts a bit more, but didnt want the heat issue. Just remember that if you overclock teh FSB it wil also overclock teh NB and that will need some volts once it gets above 2200 or it wil become unstable.

At some point you'll want to increase your NB freq as well. What does HWmonitor report as your max voltage? I'm assuming everything is still auto, so your volts are increasing.

Nvm the volts question figured that one out for the most part.Testing at 4.40 ghz now but this will be my stopping point for a nice little overclock and good temps =] please let me know if theres anything I should adjust next after finishing this prime95 run.Temps are looking at 48c tmpin1 and 43c max package

Last edited:
sothefox, try not to make large jumps in your overclock. When trying to push too hard too quickly, you will usually find a lot of frustration. If you find you cannot pass two hours of prime at 4.4 you may want to back it down a bit and find a two hour stability point for reference.

^ thank you for suggesting that.I ran it for right about 2 hours and everything worked fine yesterday.Though I would like to ask what would be good temps to have while running that long.Current voltage is set to 1.368 and im stable at 4.40ghz. temps were at tmpin1 max 50c and package temp 47c

For everyday computering I prefer mid 40's under load. So you're in that ballpark. Most of the time your system isn't maxed out. So that would be fine

=] I usually stay gaming 24/7 would that be of any concern? and I noticed that while in prime95 my core speed fluxuated sometimes(rarely) down to 3.1 but when im not running prime95 it stays at 4.4.Is it something to do with the program itself?

I think that me be the lack of APM control in the bios. Looks like your board is throttling back the cpu when you're running Prime. You did say you have all the green stuff off right? Turbo,C&Q etc.

Yeah I double checked last night to make sure that wasnt it cause I figured thats what was causing it.All of its off.I only have the issue lightly when running prime95 though :confused:
Ram:2x4gb G.Skill Sniper 1866 ddr3
Cooler:Hyper 212 Evo
Storage:1tb WD
PSU:Sparkle 85+ 700w

If it isn't causing an instability, and you don't see performance drops while gaming, I say its stable at those settings

Back