• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone planning to host a march madness contest this year?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
If nobody is planning to host a march madness contest this year, I have an idea to take the team's top 64 producers and put them in a bracket and watch them duke it out. I don't really have any plans for prizes and I don't think there should be any prizes since it only involves the top 64 members and would be excluding alot of other members...

Anyways, I thought it would be interesting and fun to see our top 64 duke it out in a single elimination bracket where they are put up against each other in 1v1 contests with the winner having the largest ppd increase or maybe some other metric. :popcorn:

I've even thought of just using their last 2 digits from their total ppd for the day as their "score" but then it basically becomes pure luck who wins and who looses and sounds rather frivelous.

I'm not sure if a march madness with the chimp challenge close is good. I vote for a fall/winter challenge, what do you guys think?

Top 64 idea is interesting though. Whatever we decide don't forget about dccontests.com ;). It's fully functional minus actually displaying the stats. I wrote a custom drupal model for displaying bargraphs/line graphs through google API but it didn't turn out so well. However all in all, the data from EOC is used and everything in the backend works; except anything that relied on CSV data from EOC as he stopped giving that (that is anything that bases off past averages). If we are going to use my site I'll see if I can rework those contest/pull the data from some where else, or get EOC to reinstate it for me.

Back