• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Made My own Desk !!! - for ~$125!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats very similar to my desk, i built it for about 60 bucks, amazing what kind of scraps lowes has laying around ready to throw away.

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

Job well done my friend, it looks nearly identical to mine which is store bought. I just upgraded from a mid to a full tower and need mine to be a little taller. I just bought a new house and will be building myself one this summer. As for the dude with the $80 desk...... It seems a bit poorly designed. A corner desk with the keyboard tray on the side. You'll be gettin neck cramps havin your head turned while typing, lol. But it is a good looking desk also.

im going to go ahead and ressurect this thread so I can find it easier and update it when I get done with Part 2 of 4 on this desk this week.

StupidFast900 said:
thats very similar to my desk, i built it for about 60 bucks, amazing what kind of scraps lowes has laying around ready to throw away.

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

awsome setup man! ive gotta do soemthing like this... And nice chair i have the same one :)

Funny thing about the chair in the pictures, I bought that one last year when I redid my computer and room. I ended up trading it to my dad for his old one which is lower, since the one I bought was to high up and I couldn't put my legs under the desk.

Pix of the new chair! :D

hopin to get the thing done today, the base on the stand was a beast to get balanced and working correctly. (its not installed yet, but nearly finished, Ill try and post pics tonight of just the monitors, and maybe the base as well, but I am trying to study for finals today as well) hopefully back with pics later!

kk, got pics, not of the base though, (its still at work in our shop), and of my new chair, so here they are...

heres the new look of the desk

100_0615.jpg

another shot

4f9b4935.jpg

the new $119 Chair, (sitting in it now, Soo comfy)

03fe1fb1.jpg

my new minifridge (peltier fridge)

c37fcceb.jpg

my laptop on my desk, my sheetmetal stand

df392149.jpg

the duals

683764d5.jpg

more on next post.

Last edited:
more pics of course

typical veiwing situation

ce7db911.jpg

laptop opened up and on stand

f0102772.jpg

looking soo cool

100_0626.jpg

i love that I can do this now.

BTW Ultramon is WAY worth the $40

100_0627.jpg

more on next post.

Last edited:
yet more pictures

the Monitor stand LEFT OVER parts, after I got what I needed out of it, (which basically consisted of the vesa mounts and the arms)

100_0628.jpg

what its supposed to look like according to the instructions

100_0629.jpg

what I took off of it

100_0630.jpg

the ergotron, that I want, but am trying to get by with only spending the $40 on this setup, instead of $200 on.

ergo.jpg

ergo2.jpg

let me know what you guys think...thanks!

Last edited:
Back