• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Made My own Desk !!! - for ~$125!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heres The loop filled, and leak testing

100_0711.jpg

w00t for zero leaks!

ghetto rad mount (for now)

100_0712.jpg

final assembly coming along

100_0713.jpg

almost done

100_0714.jpg

Whole thing, ready for power-up (notice the position of the compu-nurses, I mounted them there, then once power up, realized they were upside down! DOH!)

100_0715.jpg

Next post for more!

All closed up, ready to ... push ... the ... button !!!

100_0716.jpg

right about now, (all powered up) I realize the compunurses are upside down and reverse them

100_0717.jpg

the top one is case temp, the bottom Memory temperature (actually sandwiched between the heatspreader and the memory modules! eek!)

100_0718.jpg

Looking up at it

100_0719.jpg

night time

100_0721.jpg

100_0722.jpg

100_0723.jpg

The Product, at least for this week, LOL

100_0724.jpg

PLEASE! Let me know what you guys think of it! (even if you think it sucks!) feedback is VALUABLE to me! thanks guys!

-//Alex

It definetly looks great! map props and such :drool:

Could you somehow cut a better opening in the front of the case to provide better airflow to the rad? Im not sure what your temps are but i tihnk that may help improve things a bit. (at least from what i saw in the pic of the gheto rad mount)

That is very similar to the way I setup my water cooling, but I am using single core rad. and all is hidden in front drive bays, I suspended the pump udside-down from my floppy cage.

Overclocker.IL said:
Great Job ! can I copy some of your ideas ?

sure, just make sure you post pics man! (imitation is the greatest form of flattery!)

and Yeah I think Im gonna cut the front of the case out a bit so theres a LOT better airflow then what I have now.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words guys!

WAT...................... thats amazin... i love those night shots.. with the matrix.. soo sexci...

nice job man.. get like a UV green cathode in the case.. or add them to the bottom of the desk.. like where the keyboard goes...

SNieX

SNieX said:
WAT...................... thats amazin... i love those night shots.. with the matrix.. soo sexci...

nice job man.. get like a UV green cathode in the case.. or add them to the bottom of the desk.. like where the keyboard goes...

SNieX

thats a kickarse idea, I think Ill add some Cathodes to the underside of the desk, Im gonna go find a 12v source to wire them to, and order some, but EXPECT pics as soon as I get some in! thanks for the idea man!!

-//Alex

Fine work. I've made my own furniture before and, if you make sure to preplan, it can come out very nice!

kk, I got an enermax 535 sli power supply today, and I think Im gonna do some kind of mount for my hard drives while im in there, as well as more cutting for better wire management. (the thermaltake purepower 420 was dipping to 11.5V on the 12V rail, as well as the 3.3 dipping low enough to make the OC I had very unstable once I installed the D5!) I'll Post some pics when the install goes down tomorrow night! thanks for viewing guys!

-//Alex

Back