• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Made My own Desk !!! - for ~$125!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
heres some of the laptop stand, (in case you guys are interested at all?!)

My buddy carey helped me build it (his dad owns a sheet metal shop, so he made it for me out of painted aluminum, and I put the electronics on it)

100_0636.jpg

The fan is a 60mm radio shack POS, and the power supply (variable) and connectors from there as well.

100_0637.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0639.jpg

and at last one of the variable (1.5V to 12V @ 300mA) power supply

100_0641.jpg

again, more pics on the way as the stand gets completed.

Please!, post some reply's let me know how im doin!

Last edited:
ok, I got a BUNCH of watercooling supplies on the way here this week (BIX2, D5, apogee, Fillport). I will post up this thread rather than starting another with the build off, and the cutting the crap out of my chenming server case! let me know what you guys think. I think Im going to mod the living crap out of the fan and HDD and floppy mounts as well to get all this stuff to fit in here. also got a nVsilencer on the way for my 7800gt, which I think should go in pretty easily as well. Maybe I can get some shots up here of the Base as well, as that will be done as soon as finals wrap up tomorrow, Let me know what you all think.

- //Alex

ok, heres some pics of my destroyed desk, and my destroyed case, and all the parts, (sorry I installed most of the setup before I started taking Pictures!!

Enjoy!

The wrecked desk

100_0698.jpg

the disassembled case (notice the new port hole for the atx power cable so that it can run behind the mobo tray)

100_0699.jpg

the swifty apogee

100_0700.jpg

Teh BIX2 X-Flow, D5 pump, and Delta AFB1212VHE fans

100_0701.jpg

The Danger Den Fillport

100_0702.jpg

My bed covered in random parts

100_0703.jpg

Yet more parts on my desk

100_0704.jpg

Hard Drives, floppy, Fan controllers, OE BFG 7800GT Heatsink

100_0705.jpg

Thanks for looking, Ill post some more when I get er' filled up!! Let me know what you all think!

yeah, my neighbor bought it for me from the egg for my 21st birthday (i do odd jobs for him, rebuilding computers, electrical and plumbing work, so he buys me gifts for helping him out, as well as paying me cash!)

More Pics, Now Nearing completion

Heres the Case, Leak Testing, (btw, 1st watercooled comp, NO leaks at all!)

100_0706.jpg

the Hydrex that makes the cool green glow

100_0709.jpg

Before Mixing, approx 1L of DI H20 and The Hydrex

100_0707.jpg

after, (btw, no stirring, it mixed nearly perfectly by itself!)

100_0710.jpg

Next post for filling the loop.

Back