• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Minimum VID for a Phenom II 965

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

¡Greetings and Salutations!

I'm curious to know what is the bare minimum voltage that my Phenom II 965 C3 can ran with at the stock 3400 MHz. I currently have it a 1.300 in my BIOS but (I reckon that due to the Load Line Control) on Windows it goes it peaks 1.344 on stress tests. Is running on the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 rev 1.1
hanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• CPU-Z.jpg
    CPU-Z.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Minimum cpu voltage is just like overclocked voltage in that it changes from one piece of silicon to the next. There is no one size fits all. Lower the voltage and run Prime95 blend for at least 2 hours to suggest the system is stable. Lowering voltage needs to be tested for stability just like increased voltage for an overclock needs to be tested.

It depends on the chip.

My can do 3.5GHz (instead of 3.2), with the stock 1.325vCore, and 3.4 with 1.275v.

Some are better and do 3.4 with 1.2v.

Only way to know is to try!

Alright, thanks for the input.
Just to have peace of mind; ¿if I set it too low the worst it can happen is a freeze or reboot?

OF: ¿Is this CPU on stock bottlenecking my 6870?

Edit: I set it in the BIOS to 1.275 with Load-Line Control on auto, which translate to 1.312 - 1.328 and is stable. I can't disabled LLC.

Last edited:
Back