• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse Lag!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hate to suggest, but maybe install on another hdd..

Oh, man.. That's the last thing I want to do. My hdd did pass the generic test i did on it.
Isn't there something else that could be the problem?

Nope it isn't HID-compliant mouse is the only thing under mice and other pointing devices

Do you mean the mouse driver? I didn't install a mouse driver after the second time I reformatted, because it didn't work the first time. But the first time i got the driver from their website.

Yep, that's the diagnostic tool i used

It sounds like you may have gone through multiple graphics drivers. Did you use driver sweeper in between updating or switching drivers?

I would uninstall graphics drivers. Run driver sweeper. Then see how the mouse responds before installing anything. See how the mouse acts, then install the latest graphics drivers and see how the mouse acts again.

I haven't ever had to load drivers for any mouse I owned, so I don't think the problem is related to that. A momentary hang could be anything though, and its most likely to show up in the mouse because of the way you use a mouse - its hard to tell if the keyboard is hanging unless you spend a lot of time holding down specific keys. Not that this part of the comment helps you, but figured I'd mention it as it may not be as simple of a problem to solve as it may seem initially.

Ok, so I did exactly what you told me to do. It didn't work. My computer didn't let my try any game without graphics drivers so I couldn't do that, but it did feel the same in windows as before.

As most everything else seems to have been ruled out through troubleshooting at this point, I'd fall back to the previous advice in this thread:

Windows 7 creates restore points anytime there is a major system change so that you can go back to a time when you know the system was working well.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

I'd go back to the oldest restore point available, then if the problem still exists, I'd do a fresh install. It's probably another application or driver that is causing the hiccups, so your best bet is rolling back and hopefully the problem is eliminated - then reinstalling applications or drivers as needed, checking between each one to see if your mouse is going laggy again. That will identify the problem.

But the weird thing is that after i formated my computer the second time I tried almost immediately and I still had the lag.. Should I still do it?

A stock install won't lag, unless its the mice you are plugging in. It's the most surefire way to eliminate variables... Just a suggestion though, you don't have to go this route. But the alternative might just be you being stuck muddling through trying different things without progress, which I know can be frustrating.

You did a pretty good job of trying things on your own, there's some pretty relevant advice in this thread, but nothing is helping it seems. I'd start fresh, then test immediately after install, then retest each time I install something new to determine what the cause is.

I'll try this. Thanks for the advice! I'll tell you if it worked and what the problem was when I'm done!

Just one question: How am i going to check the lag when my computer doesn't want to start up games without graphics drivers? Becuase I guess I'll have to uninstall them when I'm doing this

Last edited:
If it only happens in games, and thats the only way to test for mouse lag for sure, then I'd do a fresh install, only load graphics drivers, and then test.

Back