• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse Lag!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is it the hdd or the monitor you are using is having some input lags ? if your on ati try using lcd overdrive and see if the mouse lag still persist

what mouse do you use? try getting a different mouse. Logitech G400 or Deathadder.

I use a A4 tech x7 mouse. The mouse is not the problem, I've already tried 3 different mouses and the lag is still there.

is it the hdd or the monitor you are using is having some input lags ? if your on ati try using lcd overdrive and see if the mouse lag still persist

That worked! Thank you!
The lag is almost completely gone now when I have the overdrive on the highest. But sometimes the lag comes back for a while and then it works again. It's weird but atleast it works better than before!

your gpu is definitely failing. check and remove the heatsinks and re apply thermal paste "clean it properly" make sure the fans are working and monitor the temps as this may cause you the trouble.
update the driver to 12.4 i found this more effective on lcd overdrive.
if you are using the new gpu you bought. try to find the optimal lcd overdrive level for your lcd.
this also helps when you see a frame drop.
go to ccc->My digital Flat Panels->check Enable Gpu Scaling / Check Enable ITC processing.
also under My digital flat panels -> Pixel Format " keep switching between options to get which pixel format your monitor is most responsive and set it to that"
with the pixel format you have to try to run the gpu on 100% load. see if it distorts, try it with msi kombustor or furmark if your monitor goes shady or like vibrating switch to another format.

avoid setting the lcd overdrive to the highest. your lcd comes with optimal speed for the overdrive you have to find it out by : download a full hd movie named Street Racers 1080p play it via vlc and start adjusting. this is the best movie to check if you will have some distorted display. i have mine set to 145 lcd overdrive since im using 32" sony bravia. and it really does help. specially when doing a 360 dropshot on mw3.

i actually asked one of my friend who works for samsung digital panels to check out my sony tv and set my pc for it one look and it worked like a charm even the color and response time is very accurate.

and please dont forget to try this test : go to google or facebook or whatever scroll up and down as fast as you can. if you see the letters stable then you are good to go. the reason for this : pixel format on movies and stress test is a bit higher if measured by Dots per Inch pixel letters/text are way smaller.

Last edited:
Back