• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Swiftech H20-320 + HAF932 Build Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, I owe big thanks to several people here. You musicfan, Conumdrum, some knowledgeable folks in this neck of the woods.

I gotta get my VCore under control. I'm looking at it in CPU-Z and it's pissing me off, 1.2+ and not even breaking 4.0ghz. Stupid auto mobo controls.

Great job! :thup:

You did your R & D for this and came out really well for your first water cooling build. You should be proud. I am sure the air pressure won't be an issue. :p I hope you have filters for it all.

I was actually thinking of some air filter solutions for the rear fan and top rad fans. Haven't put in any yet. Gotta get grills for the side fans.

Bout to load up Prime95 for the first time, see how it looks. Fingers crossed.

Wow, talk about an improvement. About a 30C drop from the old setup. I couldn't run Prime95 for over 20 minutes before temps were above 80C previously. I just ran it for a little over 2 hours and temps RARELY crossed 60. In fact, the only Core that broke 60C was Core #1 which runs a tad hotter on my Ivy Bridge. Everything else stayed under 60C.

This was at about 3.93ghz. Here is something odd though. When I was running Prime my VCore dropped to 1.160. When Idle it is at 1.215 give or take. Very odd.

The image expands if you open it in a new tab.

Attachments

• At Load No OC.jpg
    At Load No OC.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 144
Just wondering, how did that intake/exhaust plan workout for you? I've always been told the opposite of what you did.

Worked out very nicely. Ventilation is not an issue in my case at all. I may replace the front 230mm fan with something better but it isn't really a problem.

Since this thread I've swapped out my GTX680 for 2x 780Ti Classys which take up a lot of room. When they really get going the case gets a little warmer but nothing bad at all.

So the whole in the front/bottom and out the top/back is out the window? I know heat rises so I was afraid to use your setup, but my radiatttor is on top also and it's sucking in warm air. I have my 2600k at 4.6 and it rarely gets hotter than 65 degrees. Would switching the intake/outake plan to fit yours help any you think?

I think it depends on your case to be honest. I have plenty of intake through my four side fans, my six top rad fans in a push/pull, and the case rear fan. That's plenty of intake. The whole flow of the case is to move stuff forward, so with my two exhaust fans in front, it's enough to pull the hot air from the cards and mobo out.

Nice work.

I've thought or doing the reverse air flow thing myself, but I'm not even using water still.

If I go there I'll probably be really freaking a few out with what I'd try.

I'm odd.

:thup:

Thanks. Now that I've upgraded cards I'm glad that I decided to reverse the flow. The 780Ti Classys in an SLI take up a lot of space and generate a good amount of heat. I wouldn't want that heat to rise up through my case, across my mobo, and into my top rad. Better to keep it moving forward and out of the case which would only touch my hard drives as opposed to the mobo, cpu, and top rad.

Once I get the cards on water it won't make too much of a difference but I'm gonna keep the flow this way as it is working just fine.

Back