• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg recently added to OCforums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, it's offical, the Newegg site since it's redesign is UBER SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!

Could Customer Support please look into this for us?

And b4 I get flammed:
This happens on my computer at work and at home (same ISP, different area of town though)
At school computers.
When I'm surfing, dling, gaming, Neweggs site is slow while everything else loads uber quick.
Its not just my computer either, its all my friends too, and they have noticed it as well.
All Broadband btw...

I was just looking back to all my orders and it takes a good 30 seconds to load any page.

SlipViper said:
Ok, it's offical, the Newegg site since it's redesign is UBER SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!

And b4 I get flammed:
This happens on my computer at work and at home (same ISP, different area of town though)
At school computers.
When I'm surfing, dling, gaming, Neweggs site is slow while everything else loads uber quick.
Its not just my computer either, its all my friends too, and they have noticed it as well.
All Broadband btw...

I was just looking back to all my orders and it takes a good 30 seconds to load any page.

Not trying to flame, but its one of the fastest sites for me. I use firefox and tuned the options a little bit.

SlipViper said:

Yes it is slower for me too. I have two problems with neweggs new site. 1- It is slower. 2 - When checking out it does not show my shipping and billing address on the same page. I gave up on the new site for now and just click on the link down at the bottom of the page Newegg.com Classic , and everything is back to normal just the way I like it.

one for the rep.
in the past i have found inconsistant Specs throughout a hardware catagory.

for example, some products in a specified catagory may have all the spec's listed by the manufacturer, but a like product from a competing manufacturer may have very few, in spite of the fact that aside from the brand name, they are identical.

a different example can be found here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3786860&postcount=46

i believe it would be a win/win if the listed product specifications in each catagory were consistent and complete.

awesome that newegg is here. i know i've spent ATLEAST over $5K at newegg, so they certainly are reaching out to someone who has been worth their effort in my case.

i do have an utmost major gripe with newegg though. when buying small items such as case fans, the shipping is rediculous because newegg doesn't combine shipping charges, it only compounds them as if they were to all arrive in seperate boxes, when they really only arrive in 1 box, i'm certain it doesn't have to be that expensive. this makes it absolutely useless to buy anything small at newegg, such as case fans, cable sleeving kits, etc etc. i know from me personally, you've lost a ton of business because of this.

anyway, as everyone does, i really enjoy newegg and wouldn't go anywhere else -- even though i live in tennessee and am forced to pay sales tax on purchases :'( lol.

Welcome.

You all at NewEgg are some of the best. Everyone of my transactions have been flawlessly done. From techsupport to shipping.

Keep It Up!

-Ryan

Edit: Bring the simpler selection for parts back. It drives me crazy to have to use the search feature everytime just to find a part I know the name of.

First of all, welcome!

I have bought almost all my pervious parts for my system through NewEgg. Recently I have seen a massive amount of "rebates" on the site, and personally I dread rebates as they are not garunteed to come or something happens to them, its just less money in the bank for a period of time 6-8 weeks.

So my suggestion would be..
Get rid of the rebates! Instant rebates work nicely. :)

For anyone that buys from Newegg using money order/check it takes for ever to get our stuff. It takes weeks or more to get the items shipped! If I were to send in money on the first of the month I could expect the shipment on the sixteenth. I know this isn't really Neweggs fault. It takes time for the money to get to you in the first place. I was thinking that to eliminate this lengthy amount of time you could offer gift cards or allow people to store money in their account and use it when ever they want. This way everything would stay digital and we can get our orders faster!

SlipViper said:
Has anybody else noticed that since Newegg redesigned the site, that it is SSSSSOOOOOO SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW????!!!!!!

The new design's category search and stuff takes longer. Also, I can't go search by brand in a specific section as fast. You have to click on those scroll lists... it annoys me.

Is it normal for step 1 to take 2 days... I mean I placed my order before at about 6 am eastern time this morning. .. I know that it says it may take 1-2 days to get to step 2, but i was on step 1 literally all day.

Let me know please

hainer36 said:
i also agree that newegg should ship to canada...and not for astronomical prices like some of the competitors do, 35 dollars for 3 fans...thats just ididot...(xoxide)
I haven't even gone to thier site in months

Well this is like 2 good things in one place, like chocolate syrup and milk :D
Just spent a good 1200 bucks at newegg recently lol. Even took care of some return refunds not two weeks ago :thup:

:welcome: www.newegg.com :welcome:

Bestmaxx said:
Is it normal for step 1 to take 2 days... I mean I placed my order before at about 6 am eastern time this morning. .. I know that it says it may take 1-2 days to get to step 2, but i was on step 1 literally all day.

Let me know please
so um.... 1-2 days...literally all day.. whats the problem here? If you want them to rush thats what the rush processing fee is for. :rolleyes:

Mr_Fuchs said:
Missed that. sorry lol, yeah greenzap is this new paypal like thing that seems to be some kind of scheme, but was wondering if any retails worth my time would accept web bucks

Dear Valued Customer,

No problem. I double checked about this Greenzap.com payment method, and found that we will not be linked with that service anytime soon. We do however accept Paypal. I heard something about this being a scam, other than here, but just can't remember where. You may want to check this company’s reputation and make sure they are reliable.

Thank You,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support :)

SlipViper said:

And b4 I get flammed:
At school computers.
All Broadband btw...

hyperasus said:
Yes it is slower for me too. I have two problems with neweggs new site. 1- It is slower. 2 - When checking out it does not show my shipping and billing address on the same page. I gave up on the new site for now and just click on the link down at the bottom of the page Newegg.com Classic , and everything is back to normal just the way I like it.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We know that our website needs improvement, in fact, it will never stop improving. We will always continue to striv4 to provide the best possible shopping experience. This is why your feedback is taken very serious and is really important to us. Rest assured that we are working very hard to address each issue on our site, and make sure to improve in those specific areas.

We hope to have all these issues resolved and working in a better fashion soon. If worse comes to worse, you can simply use the classic link listed at the bottom of the webpage.

Please keep the suggestions and feedback coming. The only way we can improve is if you communicate the real issues to us directly.

Thank you,

orionlion82 said:
one for the rep.
in the past i have found inconsistant Specs throughout a hardware catagory.

for example, some products in a specified catagory may have all the spec's listed by the manufacturer, but a like product from a competing manufacturer may have very few, in spite of the fact that aside from the brand name, they are identical.

a different example can be found here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3786860&postcount=46

i believe it would be a win/win if the listed product specifications in each catagory were consistent and complete.

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded this information to our Product Support team. They will review the specs, provided to us by the manufacturer, and make sure we include all information provided about the item. We may even contact the manufactures directly, and find out if all specs are accurate and full. You can always use the product link provided online to find out more information in detail.

Also, we understand that out item pages need work. We are working tirelessly to make sure we can address every issue suggested and any others found. We will always look for ways to improve our service.

Thank You,

Back