• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg recently added to OCforums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kamel said:
awesome that newegg is here. i know i've spent ATLEAST over $5K at newegg, so they certainly are reaching out to someone who has been worth their effort in my case.

i do have an utmost major gripe with newegg though. when buying small items such as case fans, the shipping is rediculous because newegg doesn't combine shipping charges, it only compounds them as if they were to all arrive in seperate boxes, when they really only arrive in 1 box, i'm certain it doesn't have to be that expensive. this makes it absolutely useless to buy anything small at newegg, such as case fans, cable sleeving kits, etc etc. i know from me personally, you've lost a ton of business because of this.

anyway, as everyone does, i really enjoy newegg and wouldn't go anywhere else -- even though i live in tennessee and am forced to pay sales tax on purchases :'( lol.

We greatly apologize for this inconvenience. Please refer to the thread link below, which also talks about this issue. Our response within that thread may be able to help you with an explanation.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=390529

Thank you,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support :)

Welcome to the forums Jason. I for one can say I love you guys...... I buy a ton of stuff from you folks and I have no real complaints. RMA's are handled quickly and I've been treated fairly thus far. Keep up the good work........

PS :rolleyes: You guys kill me though how you like to rape anyone dumb enough to spend insane amounts of money for some of your brand new items. If I had any disdain for your business practices it would be for this type of price gouging.

Sorry but I couldn't make it too easy for you...... :p

HousERaT said:
Welcome to the forums Jason. I for one can say I love you guys...... I buy a ton of stuff from you folks and I have no real complaints. RMA's are handled quickly and I've been treated fairly thus far. Keep up the good work........

PS :rolleyes: You guys kill me though how you like to rape anyone dumb enough to spend insane amounts of money for some of your brand new items. If I had any disdain for your business practices it would be for this type of price gouging.

Sorry but I couldn't make it too easy for you...... :p

Thank you for the kind welcoming. I have noted your comments about our pricing and will bring it to the attention of our Purchasing and Marketing departments.

Thank you,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support :)

Can't believe I just saw this post. Welcome aboard Jason. I've easily spent over $20k worth of parts from Newegg and your service has been 2nd to none. Here's my most recent experience, and Jason you have my permission to add this to your customer compliments database.

I ordered a Soltek SOLTEK K8M800I-RL 754 motherboard for a customer build (via co-worker).

Started putting the PC together on the Tuesday the 28th. Co-worker came over to pick her up and next day calls to tell me keyboard port was flaky on the motherboard. Customer wanted this computer done by 4th-of-July weekend. At 5:00 PM on Wed the 29th, I call Newegg and spoke to Edward of my situation.

Edward tells me to go ahead and order the replacement mobo, which I did. He upgrades shipping to overnight at no extra charge and makes sure to waive the restocking fee on the motherboard I'm sending back. Normally on an RMA, you have to send the defective item back, and then Newegg sends you the new part, but on more than one occassion, Newegg has been nice enough to do this "quick turnaround" exchange.

I figure the motherboard would ship out Thursday, and then I'd get it Friday or Saturday at the latest. Well the replacement motherboard shipped out that night (remember, this was 5:00 PM EST I called, so maybe 2:00PM their time) and I check my email and the thing was at the Fed Ex location (where I pick up my orders) at 8:00 AM the next morning. I was absolutely floored.

Please give Edward an "ataboy!!" for me. My order number was 14955025

I also apologize for bashing your new website. I hated it at first, but you all have made the appropriate changes so that it's now just as functional as the old site, and I have no problem finding what I need. Here's to many more thousands of $$$$ I'll be spending with you guys.

Thanks Newegg for the fine array of components, the best prices on the 'net and the absolutely fastest shipping I've ever seen! Like MassiveOverkill, I've placed orders in the late afternoon/early evening and the next day find the dog barking at the Fedex gal walking back to her truck! ;)

Newegg is great and all but they take so long, i live in houston, TX. About a month ago when i ordered my 6600Gt from youll it took 8 days ?? odd well recently i bought a 5.1 system from the egg on saturday and even today (tuesday) its on step 3 not even packaged or shipped. I remeber the days it took 5 days to get stuff now tht time is expanding ....

EDIT: actually got the product on thursday .. im blown away .... not to mention the same speakers were on sale at best buy for 89 bux when i got them for 47 mauahahahha .. i hope newegg dosent become like best buy if they make it big. :santa:

Last edited:
koss20100 said:
Newegg is great and all but they take so long, i live in houston, TX. About a month ago when i ordered my 6600Gt from youll it took 8 days ?? odd well recently i bought a 5.1 system from the egg on saturday and even today (tuesday) its on step 3 not even packaged or shipped. I remeber the days it took 5 days to get stuff now tht time is expanding ....

first id like to say hi jason. any single girls there wanting a nerdy boyfriend/husband? its always been my dream to marry a nerdy girl who gets a discount at the egg :D

koss20100- they dont work on the weekends so rule out sat/sun then work resumes on monday and they have 1-2 working days to pack and ship. i could be wrong on this but doubtfull as im one of those guys who hits reload on his browser every 15 minutes to see his packages progress.

someone else commented on slow MO/check purchasing. it took me a full year once i jioned here to break down and buy on the net as i dont use a credit card.most the time is the transit time for it to reach them.for me in ohio it takes 3-4 days and sometimes 5 days. if you pay by check you will be waiting for the check to clear your bank.id never use a check myself and save the time.
the time it took 5 days i emailed the egg and asked if something was up? i got a fast respomce saying the MO i sent did appear yet but they would contact me as soon as it did.and they did the next day sending me an email saying it arrived.but even on that they do it every time telling me when they recieved my payments.
for me who is someone who cant stand to wait or worry they have the best communication outside buying from the classifieds here.

someone also mentioned the shipping expense on small items being compounded.i ran into this about 2 years ago with them and called inquiring about it.the exact specifics i dont remember but was like 2 tubes of as3 cost 2x$3.99 for shipping.
i was told on the phone by the rep this was an issue they had at times and could be cleared up at any time with a phone call in the futire.they reduced my shipping cost and also updated the site the next day.now this happened 2 years ago. :)

i do have a question for jason.
i used to buy refurbs about a year ago and pay with my money orders as i always do.now newegg has stopped selling refurbs to MO paying customers,why is that done and can it be changed?
this has caused me to have to scour our forums for used parts when id rather have bought a refurb at the time.

the end :D

Last edited:
You guys are just meeting Jason? I met him years ago. :)

Jason, I'm having a newegg keg party and you're invited!!!

Call me at 1-800-NewKegg if you want directions. Okay, I'll go to bed now.

Welcome :welcome: :welcome:

Is New Egg ever going to ship to the UK? ;)

And who thought of the name "NewEgg" and what exactly does it mean? :shrug:

I just want to express my gratitude to Jason, i had a couple questions that were potential problems and he sorted it out for me. Thanks man!

should this be stickied?

crana c said:
And who thought of the name "NewEgg" and what exactly does it mean? :shrug:

lol, good question -- i've been wondering that too, but didn't think to ask.

also, what the heck does the whole thing "once you know, you newegg" mean? i am thinking it's a play on the words "knew egg", but i'm really not sure :shrug:

Often I don't even consider Newegg anymore when buying online because of the 9.25% sales tax in Tennessee. Zipzoomfly's free 2day shipping and no tax makes everything much cheaper, especially when buying 1000s of dollars worth of parts at a time. Why do CA, NJ, and TN have to pay sales tax? Is there anything that can be done about this?

ya, avoid those states at all costs ! .. lol jk i think newegg should have there entire base of operation in some remote state like Washington or something .. but ya tht sux

mage_x said:
Often I don't even consider Newegg anymore when buying online because of the 9.25% sales tax in Tennessee. Zipzoomfly's free 2day shipping and no tax makes everything much cheaper, especially when buying 1000s of dollars worth of parts at a time. Why do CA, NJ, and TN have to pay sales tax? Is there anything that can be done about this?
I know, that sucks man, but I think the warehouse are located in those states and they have to charge tax, but I don't like it.

mabey im impatient but i asked a question almost 1 week ago above and also sent a pm not long after.
busy,or cant get an answer? just lmk your working on finding out info pls :)

I think you have to pay tax in CA, NJ, and TN because they have actual stores/warehouses there whey they have actual products, so they have to pay the state tax on any inventory that moves. I think. I could be wrong. I actually am probably wrong. I am usually wrong, so take that with a grain of salt. Just what i think!

- Awperator

//newegg rocks
//pic below from http://gamersgonebad.com/

Attachments

• newegg.JPG
    newegg.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
mage_x said:

You can always get the order shipped to a friends/family's house in neighboring states as my uncle does, since he lives in NJ. Then, he picks it up at my house in NY.

Awperator said:
I think you have to pay tax in CA, NJ, and TN because they have actual stores/warehouses there whey they have actual products, so they have to pay the state tax on any inventory that moves. I think. I could be wrong. I actually am probably wrong. I am usually wrong, so take that with a grain of salt. Just what i think!

- Awperator

//newegg rocks
//pic below from http://gamersgonebad.com/

Classic pics. I sent it to all of Newegg to view. We love it, and would like to see more of these Newegg pictures if any are out there.

You are also right about the taxes. We currently have about 8 warehouses stationed throughout the United States. Consequently, the state charges tax to any orders placed within the states where we keep inventory. We wish we could avoid charging it, but we have to obey the law.

If you are a reseller, you can submit a tax exemption form, and the taxes will be removed from your order.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/ResellerCertificate.asp

Thank You,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

P.S.
I apologize for any delayed response. I don't always get to spend as much time searching the forums, so I may miss a question. If this is the case, please feel free to PM me and I will be sure to give you a timely response. :)

Back